Simple Everyday Makeup

Since there's only a couple of days left before school starts again, I thought this should come in handy for a whole lot of us. Of course, a natural/neutral eye makeup look is not only good for back to school but also work appropriate as well. I don't know why it took me forever to post this because it's what I've been wearing for like.... 95% of the time when I go out now - fast & easy yet polished. So let's get started shall we? :D

I love my beanie! :P
......

Step 1: Prime your eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, if you want your eyeshadow to adhere even better you can also apply a light champagne cream shadow over top. Next, gently pack on Bootycall (light champagne pink) all over your lids and remember to reach the inner corner of the eyes for a brightening effect (early mornings suck!).


Step 2: Take a blending brush and apply Tease (dusty purple) to the crease (or eye socket for those who are monolids like me) for some definition


Step 3: Personal preference - I like using a matte highlight color for my brow bone so I used Foxy (matte yellow-white), an alternative would be taking Bootycall all the way up to the lids which makes this look even simpler.


Step 4: You guys know the routine right? - line your eyes (ending it with a slight wing), curl your lashes, apply your favourite mascara and (if you want to take the extra step) pop on some false lashes ;)


Step 5: Line two-thirds of your lower lash line with Busted (dark brownish purple) with a smudger brush or using the fine tip of the Urban Decay shader brush.


And viola! You're finished! Btw, I hope my huge ass green circle lenses didn't freak you out haha :P


Here's the comparison of my toned down re-creation of the original makeup look done by the makeup artist from the photoshoot. My camera didn't capture the original look very well though because I took the picture under artificial lighting at like 1:30am lol. If you want a better idea, the makeup is actually inspired by this photo here. So yes, I had really glowy red cheeks that day and super dramatic winged eyeliner :P




Products Used

Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Naked2 Palette
  • Wet n' Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in 130 Pixie
  • Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner
  • Daiso Cross-hair False Lashes
  • Maybelline The Falsies (Original) Mascara
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
Face
  • NYC Matte Bronzer in Sunny
  • Canmake Cream Cheek Blush in 11 Heavenly Heart
Lips
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick in Cotton Pink

Comments

  1. Very pretty, your circle lenses look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naww, you're glowing! Love the look Jennifer ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with lhnguyen, you're glowing! super pretty, as usual :) i gotta play around with eyeshadows more often...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love! haha i need to do the same as well, i need to use and give my eyeshadows more love XD

      Delete
  4. you are so pretty yet simple
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so pretty! i love natural makeup looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! I never really play up my eyes but this seems super easy and looks great. I think I'll give it a crack tomorrow :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, let me know how it went! I'd love it if you show me as well hehehe <3

      Delete
  7. When I saw your eye I was like, oh my gosh! Is that her real eye color? ITS GORGEOUUS-- oh it's circle lens.

    I like how you did the pictures with your eyes close up and showing the brush. Did you set your camera on timer or had someone to take it for you?

    Love the natural look w/ beanie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHA you're so cute XD yeaaa, I wish I had green eyes lol. I just held the camera myself lol. I'd be too embarrassed to ask anyone to take pictures for me haha.

      Delete
  8. I love this look, great for school. You are so pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love your eyeliner and the way you drew it. I would've never thought to use Bootycall and Tease - I literally never use those colours lol! I think I need to start experimenting with lighter highlight shades and more crease/eye socket work. And get as good as eyeliner as you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tease! It's one of my favourite colours from the palette, it's a really good shade for the crease. Yea, I need to experiment with lighter eyeshadow colours as well, I never thought it'd turn out well on me. But I'm so happy the MUA showed me this look! Hahah aww thanks! It just takes time and practice and I find it easiest to just let the natural shape of your eye as a guide :)

      Delete
  10. Nice makeup and I like the color, I also use the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, is very good *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I love the Dolly Wink Eyeliner! :D

      Delete
  11. thanks love! I'll come check out your blog soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! so my type of eye when Im on a tight schedule! I think this look suits everyone, the light pink lippie looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Definitely! Love it when make up looks are fast and easy hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment