Bare Naked Side by Side

Yes, yes...surprise, surprise, you all saw this coming didn't you? haha. Before I got this palette, I have continuously tried to convince myself that I don't need this because I already have the first one and I'm not sure if I'll get that much use out of the cooler toned browns. But I have officially changed my mind now and although I didn't personally spend my pretty pennies on this thing, I still want to say that it is worth the splurge and I do not regret it one bit.






The lipgloss gives a minty tingly feeling to the lips and goes on a tad too sticky for my liking - but please note that I am not a lipgloss girl so it takes quite a bit in order to satisfy me with any gloss product. I guess, I'll just say this is average and although it does appear to have a nice tint when swatched on my hand...the color does not show up on my pigmented lips.


The Comparison

Warm tones vs Cool tones:  I don't have a preference for one over the other because they both give you completely different looks. Having both palettes expand my collection of neutrals that are amazing in quality as well

Soft fuzzy velvet cardboard vs Heavy metal packaging: Love the light weight and easy magnetic closure of the first naked palette, I'm also a sucker for soft fuzzy things - so I do like the first packaging better (aside from the fact that it collects dust way too easily). But the second one is very sturdy and great for travelling.

Primer Potion vs Lip Gloss: given a choice, I'd take the primer potion any day...I'm not a lip gloss girl as mentioned before so I really don't care for it (plus it doesn't show up on my lips) but it's good to be able to try more urban decay products without spending full price

The Brushes: I personally prefer softer and fuller brushes so I don't really adore the brushes included in the palettes, but they are nice to have. Naked2 will obviously win here with the duo ended brush - more bang for your buck.

My Personal Favourites:
- Naked Palette: Sin, Buck, Dark Horse, Toasted, Gunmetal
- Naked2 Palette: Chopper, Tease, Pistol, YDK, Busted





Naked Palette Swatches 
 the shade "Naked" from the original palette seems to be a defect for me, no color/pigmentation or 
powder comes off the pan no matter how hard I try (this explains for the weird and awkward 
space between the 2nd and 4th swatch lol)

Naked2 Palette Swatches


P.S Expect a tutorial coming because it's a makeup artist recommended everyday/daytime look! <3 And sorry for the slower updates because I just finished my finals and I'm trying to get the most out of my short summer holidays lol. I hope you guys are all having a good one and I'll see you in the next post! :)

Comments

  1. Love this post; I don't own either, but want both! Each time I read one of these comparison posts, my decision sways. From the sounds of your post though, I must say that the original Naked palette is a-calling! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha orrrrr....you can just get both at the same time XD I'm kiddin' - I'm pretty sure if I paid for this palette myself I would be a bit bipolar right now LOL. I think I'm favouring the original Naked Palette slightly more right now because it's been with me much longer than the new one and of course, the things I've said in my comparison section as well but I dunno I'm not really sure myself! :P

      Delete
  2. I can never decide which I love more, but they're both must-haves for me anyway :p I think I prefer certain individual colours more in Naked2 over the original palette though. But it's impossible to pick one over the other, they're both just amazing quality and super versatile palettes that any eyeshadow lover should have in their collection :) Looking forward to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, they're both must have's for me as well. I'm not sure at this point if I have particular shadows that I prefer one over the other because I feel like they have different purposes depending on the occasion. So I'm glad to have both haha. And yes, stay tuned! :P

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on so many points - I prefer the Naked1 packaging, would have a primer potion over a gloss any day, and prefer other brushes. Honestly, I like the original best. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with everything added together, I'd probably say the same. But now that I have both and I use them depending on occasion it's impossible for me to choose one over the other haha

      Delete
  4. thanks so much for swatches on both palette~ I'm really having a hard time deciding which to get but I think I'll settle for the 1 instead as the primer and brush is definitely a plus on me ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped you out! I'm sure I'd be in the same position if I hadn't bought the first naked palette before the second one came out. I actually debated for the longest time if I should buy the second one as well. I love them both! But the original naked palette definitely seems to have more practical uses with the eye primer :P

      Delete

Post a Comment