Happy Hauling

I did quite a bit of shopping within the last two weeks because my exam syndrome was kicking in. Retail therapy always make things feel so much better - if I did horrendously bad, at least I have materialistic objects to sooth my sorrowful mentality OR if I did satisfyingly well, I deserve all the goodies I treated myself with and I should continue to buy more LOL. It's a win-win situation right? And to conclude, I'm happy to say that I ended up with the latter this semester. YAY! 

Abercrombie's shopping bag just makes me go UMPH *_* <3 HAHA


Believe it or not, it's my first Abercrombie & Fitch purchase and I can't wait to bum around at school with it on all day cause it's SO soft and comfortable (I really do understand the hype about these hoodies now) lol. I'm hoping maybe I'll be able to go to the States sometime soon again to catch the back-to-school sales and buy another hoodie or sweater. This was 50% off, so I got it for $36 - not bad, but I want more options (this was the second last one in a small). Pac Sun was having a buy-one-get-one-free denim sale ($36.99), so mom and I each got a pair of  skinnies...they fit really nice! As for the look alike Toms, I never actually planned on buying one but they were only $16.50, so I couldn't say no hehe.


Bought the beenie last week from Forever 21, I'm feeling quite inspired by Jenn from Clothesencounters and have been on the hunt for a perfect beenie to fit my head. This was only $9.90, I love how it's a bit scrunched and wrinkly to give the hat some texture and dimension. The cute striped shorts are from H&M and they were a steal - $10 from the kid's section!!! :D


I'm trying to reorganize my makeup vanity at the moment but very slowly because I'm not sure what kind of organizers I should get to work with my little station. I've been looking at some pictures online for ideas but I'm so indecisive because I don't want to have the need to return things or be stuck with unnecessary crap. For now, I just bought a candle holder from Walmart and conveniently filled it up with rice because I'm asian LOL. I wish I could do the same with my face brushes, but I don't know if I should because I have 3 double ended brushes....suggestions anyone? What should I do with the odd ones out if I get another holder? Or should I just stick to a tray to store them all sideways?

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold, Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in 40 Pink Plum,
L'Oreal Color Riche Caresse Lipstick in 170 Cotton Pink

I haven't had the chance to try out these products well enough yet, so I will do reviews soon. But so far in terms of first impressions, I absolutely LOVE the lipstick, the blush is super fun to play with and the cream shadow seems awesome as expected!

Comments

  1. Isn't reorganizing super frustrating? Love the rice LOL. I think putting double sided bushes straight in should be fine...just have rice or marbles at the bottom so they don't get contaminated as much.

    Love your haul! Makes me want to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes reorganizing is super frustrating, i just wish i had the perfect solution for my stash lol. I'll see what I can do, I don't want to ruin the double ended brushes and i tried sticking them in just to test it out, but the rice would fly out when i pull out the brush too fast =_= kinda annoying with the rice lol.

      Delete
  2. I want an Abercrombie hoodie but they're so expensive! And omgosh I can't wait for the L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks to be released here- I even contemplated eBay-ing them but decided I'll just wait. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the original price on the tag is $68!!! No matter how soft and comfy it is, I can't really justify it for the price of something so casual. I love the lipstick and probably more so than the revlon lip butters in my opinion...but i'll do a separate post on it :P

      Delete
  3. Cotton Pink awww pretty! Love Abercrombie hoodies, they make me miss university :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah i'm totally looking forward to bumming around at school with it on XD!!!

      Delete
  4. I need to get myself a super soft, warm, fluffy, comfy hoodie. It's on my shopping list! Especially as I'm planning to travel soon, it's a must for plane rides and being a tourist lol. I hope L'Oreal hold off on releasing the lipsticks here, because I don't want any more temptation :p No. More. Lipstick. With my dual-ended brushes, I just lay them flat by themselves. I wish there were a more consistent/elegant way to store them, but I haven't found it :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh where are you heading to? And yes, it's a must have for plane rides - soft, comfy and warm :) LOL...i think you probably won't be able to resist, these lipsticks are SO moisturizing and pigmented. I wanted to buy a few more, but it was a bit pricey imo for a drugstore lipstick. Hmmm yea, I have the same thoughts but having only 3 dual ended brushes makes it annoying to have it separated from the rest. I think I might just leave them lying flat all together in a tray like before... >_<

      Delete

Post a Comment