Revlon vs. Deborah Lippmann


As promised, here's the comparison between Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance and Revlon's Scandalous. The two are extremely similar and I would say yes, it's true, this is a dupe. The only slight difference between them is that Bad Romance has a very pigmented black base and not so much for Scandalous. Another thing about Scandalous is you'd occasionally find a random silver hexagonal glitter that does not belong in place hahaha...no big deal but just sayin' there's an error in quality control here. :P 


Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance vs. Revlon Scandalous (1 coat) 
2 coats
So in all honesty, if you ask me which one you should buy - I'd definitely recommend Revlon's Scandalous. Not only because of the price difference (Regular price: $20 vs $4.39 - I actually got my Deborah Lippmann's for $10) but the other thing I like better about Scandalous is that you get a few more glitters per stroke than Bad Romance. I'm not sure if this is because of the brush or if it's because there's actually more glitter....but if you can't tell already, I'm all about the glitter. So if you are the same (which I assume the majority of you guys are) then go for Scandalous. But if you like a darker base, then go for Deborah Lippmann. I still love them both :)

Comments

  1. I love the deborah lippman one more then the revlon. Its just more pigmented.

    xx karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yea deborah lippmann is definitely more pigmented but nothing you can't fix with a black base or an extra layer on Revlon. I still love both of them though :)

      Delete
  2. Haha Revlon one is better than Deborah lippman :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Scandalous as well judging from these swatches and others I've seen :) I prefer the base colour of Scandalous and how it's more packed with glitter. I noticed the random silver hex glitter in Scandalous as well - at least I wondered whether I just got a botched bottle, seems like it's a common feature :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I wasn't too fond of Scandalous's base colour but after taking a second look I realized the lighter is base might also be what makes the glitter in Scandalous stand out more. I'm not sure though. Haha, okay well I guess the random silver glitter is suppose to be there then XD

      Delete
  4. Nice comparison! How do you rate the difficulty in removing them?
    And where you get the db polishes for $10 a pop @.@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmm...in terms of difficulty, i would say that these aren't bad for a glitter. I didn't find them particularly hard to remove so I think they are okay :) I got my deborah lippmanns through my sister - she was a hair model at the ABA Show (i think it's something similar to imats, but specifically for hair haha) so the products there were like wholesale prices! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment