Review: Tiffa Pink Eyeliner

Not sure if you guys remember, but I got this eyeliner along with a bunch of other stuff in my previous post (here) from my sister. This review was requested by Linny from The Thoughts Basket - Hi Linny!! I didn't forget! Sorry this took me a while to get to haha but here it is at last :D And of course, I hope the rest of you are interested in this as well. :) Tiffa is a sister brand to Kanebo - I believe these two are Japanese drugstore brands but Tiffa is probably a tad cheaper. I haven't tried much of their stuff (only a glitter liquid eyeliner), in fact not much Asian cosmetic brands in general so I won't have any relative comparisons in this post.

Kanebo Tiffa Beauty Eyeliner (PK-1)



As you can see from the photos above, this is a brush tip eyeliner with a twistable back to dispense the product. The colour comes out as a shimmery magenta/burgundy pink which is pretty unique and not something you'll find easily. The brush tip is nice and thin for precise application however, I'm having trouble controlling the amount of product I twist out from the back. Every time I try to get the product out, I somehow always end up with twisting too much and the product will turn into a little blob gushing out from the sides of the bristles =_=;. I guess this problem will eventually be solved in time with more experience but as of right now, it is still annoying. Not only because I'm wasting product but also because the formula of this eyeliner is on the thicker side...so if you apply too much product, your line will look less precise (if you wing it) and when it dries you will see little lines/cracks within your line which is a pretty big indication that with one rub, your line will flake off. A solution I came up with to this excess problem, is either dab the blob of product on the back of your hand and apply it from there with your pen eyeliner brush OR, swipe the product on the edge of an angled eye brush and then apply it.


Waterproof test: the eyeliner came off pretty easily with 2-3 rubs after running it under (cold) water
you can also see that it doesn't smudge, but flakes off into little pieces


All I did in this look was create a strong winged/cat eye with a black liquid eyeliner on the upper
lash line and then used this pink eyeliner to line the upper and lower lash line (thin towards the
center and thick towards the outside but have a precise point at the end of the wing)

So here's my overall summary:

The Pros:
- thin and precise brush tip
- cute and good packaging (twistable pen)
- unique colour
- easy to use, good for beginners trying to use liquid eyeliner
- dries quickly
- reasonably priced 1000 Yen approx equals to $12.90 CDN (seems pricey for a drugstore eyeliner, but if you think about it - the packaging, twistable pen form, colour, ease of use...I think it's alright)

The Cons:
- formula is quite thick so there can be some flakey-ness at the end of the day, especially when over applied.
- this eyeliner is not waterproof
- not easily accessible

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

  1. I've not seen an eyeliner that colour! It's really pretty and unique. It does look a little on the thick side, but I think you applied it really well. I wouldn't have thought to use it the way you did, but lining the black eyeliner definitely adds another decorative touch and softens the harshness of the black while still defining/enlarging the eye shape :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! hehe :) I think I'm gonna be on the hunt for good colored eyeliners now - they're like the easy alternative to looking polished without much effort which is great cause I'm so lazy XD

      Delete
  2. I've seen glitter eyeliners at F21 but never a plain color one. I love pink! It looks great on you and yes! A definite definite con is that they're not easily accessible. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen makeup at F21 as well but I never thought about trying them because I'm a bit skeptical on their quality lol. I think they'll have to really stand out in order for me to even consider XD. And thanks! :D

      Delete
  3. i feel so loved that you remembered i requested for this blogpost!
    <3<3<3
    the color is really nice! and it looks so pretty the way you wore it! its pretty gay that it rubs off quite easily, but i guess you wont really rub at your eye so much.. it just wont smudge upon water contact right? haha
    going to read up on tiffa products thanks to you (L)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah awwwee you're welcome~ feel free to make more requests :) without coming in contact with water, rubbing still makes it flake a little bit, just not as bad as with water. So lasting power isn't all that great unless you don't touch it at all haha.

      Delete
  4. It's an amazing color ! I'd never seen this liner color in France ! It's a girly color and you can get out with this make up on day (hope you understand ! I just write in English my french sentence xD)

    Love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, yeap! This is good for daytime wear as well. Especially good for summer too :D

      Delete
  5. This colour liner looks beautiful on you. Bummer it's not waterproof, but at least it flakes rather than smudges. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks <3 Yeah, oh well it still lasts a relatively long time as long as you don't touch it or get water near it, so it's okay i guess haha.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, it's in such a stunning shade. The brush tip reminds me of a liquid blush I have which is designed to be used on either the lips or the cheek. It also has the same problem of 'gushing out the liquid' which I find a little strange but with plenty of use it doesn't even matter at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what product is that? I've never seen a lips or cheek product in a brush tip similar to this lol. And yes, agreed - the more you use it the less it matters after a while :P

      Delete
  7. Wow! I really like that look, sigh another item on my shopping list :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hahaha aww turn that frown upside down, shopping is fun! ;D

      Delete

Post a Comment