Little Gems Found At Last

I've been looking for these Revlon glitter polishes ever since last year when they first came out and I finally stumbled upon them! Initially, I only planned on getting the two lightest shades while I was at Superstore, but then I thought what the heck, $6.50 is pretty reasonable - I might as well get all of them from the rack in fear of regretting it later. And I'm glad I did cause these are insanely gorgeous and at the check out, I realized these were actually just $4.39!!! So in total, I got four pretty polishes for only ~$19 (after tax)! :D

L-R: Radiant, Scandalous, Whimsical, Popular

L-R: Popular, Whimsical, Radiant, Scandalous (two coats of each)
If you remember my last nail polish post (here)....I had on Revlon's Midnight Affair in which I forgot to mention that it took forever to dry. And when it did, the inside was still soft and incredibly vulnerable to dents and scratch marks. So, my impression on Revlon polishes aren't very high in terms of quality. However, these glitter polishes are surprisingly impressive. They dry quickly to a relatively smooth surface (which is extremely rare for glitters), go on reasonably opaque and the sparkles aren't difficult to distribute across the nail! Popular can be left on with one coat if you apply it evenly and I think this is my favourite out of the bunch. If you're looking for an everyday, wearable glitter - this is probably what you want. Scandalous also has a pigmented base colour but it looks best with two coats because the the base is more on the gray-black spectrum. Radiant has no base colour but there are so much glitter that two coats is enough to cover your entire nail. The only exception in terms of opacity would be Whimsical; it has a light pale/milky blue base that goes on the sheerest out of the four I've picked up - but it's not too bad after two coats and I actually find that the sheerness and subtlety of the base colour really cute.

I bought Scandalous for the sake of comparing it to Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance so expect to see a review and comparison in the next post! :)

Comments

  1. Yay you finally found them! :) I need Whimsical in my life, the multicoloured glitter is so gorgeous and I don't mind the light base colour (I'd probably just paint on a light blue base first anyway). Radiant is so sparkly! I have Scandalous and Popular and love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, finally!!! And you definitely need Whimsical. I love the colour combination of the glitters it in!! It's so pretty *_* and yeah, if I was to actually put this on I'd have a blue base underneath hehe :P

      Delete
  2. Such gorgegous glitter nail polishes! I especially like Popular and Whimsical if anything. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too - Popular and Whimsical are my favourites! :D

      Delete
  3. Popular looks really pretty! I usually just put baby pink polish on the bottom with a coat of glitter on top and it doesn't look as great as that! D: Don't you just love surprise discounts at the cashier? ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha go go go buy it! XD definitely, it makes me feel even better and justifies me for buying it lol

      Delete
  4. woah, they're so nice! they better be available in the uk >__<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope so! These polishes have been out on the market for a while now, so I think you'll be able to find it. Good luck!! ^_^

      Delete
  5. WHERE? I was so close to paying $7 each (without shipping) from eBay, my local Revlon polish retailer only has Scandalous for $17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that's insane!! O_O I just bought these from my local grocery store (Superstore) and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even on sale - it's just that i couldn't see the price tag on the shelf lol...

      Delete

Post a Comment