First Mini Canmake Haul

This is my first time trying Canmake products, so I'm really excited! If you haven't heard about Canmake, they're basically a popular Japanese drugstore brand that targets the girly, princess gyaru style. Recently a friend of mine went back to Japan for a week or two so my wifey and I asked her to help us bring back some goodies :) I didn't want to let my makeup addiction go out of hand, so I tried really hard and limited myself to only a few products that I've been dying to try. :P

L-R: Cream Cheek 05 Sweet Apricot, Cream Cheek 11 Heavenly Heart,
Cheek & Cheek 01 Candy Flower, Candy Wrap Lip 03 Peach Shower
Cream Cheek 05 Sweet Apricot and 11 Heavenly Heart
As summer is approaching, I wanted to try out some cream products because I've heard that cream blushers tend to last longer than powder during the hot summer weather. Canmake Cream Cheek products have been praised by many, so naturally I've gravitated towards getting them. I also wanted to expand my small blush selection which explains why they are the majority in this haul. These blushes are really smooth, creamy, pigmented and easy to blend. There are tiny specs of fine gold shimmer, but I don't think it'd be anything too noticeable on the face.


Cheek & Cheek 01 Candy Flower
This particular cheek product and shade number has been raved by MissGlamorazzi on youtube so I decided to give it a go. You get the option of two blushes in one with three different results - 1) you can use the blushes individually; 2) use the lighter shade as a highlight and darker shade as your main blusher; or 3) you can mix the pink and the coral together and adjust it to the tone that you want. As seen in the photo, this blush palette comes with a brush which is amazingly soft! At first glance, the brush seems a little too small and precise for blush application, but I think the flexibility of the bristles and the softness of the brush allows you to blend out the colours nicely.


Candy Wrap Lip 03 Peach Shower
I'm not really a lip gloss person but I thought this was a versatile colour that could go with any lipstick and good for everyday use....even though I don't use lip gloss on a daily basis lol.....hmm...>_<" Anyways, this has a regular dome foot applicator and I love the cute floral packaging. The lip gloss is semi pigmented and the colour reminds me of strawberry jam. However, my lips are naturally pigmented, so the colour of the gloss doesn't show up well on my bare lips. In the picture below, you can see that my lips only have a shine to it after putting on the gloss.


Top: Candy Wrap Lip, Cream Cheek in Heavenly Heart, Cream Cheek in Sweet Apricot,
Bottom: Cheek & Cheek in Candy Shower (individual swatches and last swatch is a mixture).

By the way, I realized that the blush colours I chose are extremely similar.....dear me, I'm stupid and obsessed over the same shades OTL. sigh.

Comments

  1. You're so lucky to have a friend bring stuff home with them! I definitely need to look into Canmake now... Those cream blushes look awesome. I think I need to start looking into Asian cosmetics in general, so many undiscovered gems! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same as well, a lot of Asian cosmetics seem to perform incredible and being an Asian myself, I think some of the products might even suit our needs better (eg. mascaras for a stick straight and short lases hahaha).

      Delete
  2. I've been secretly lusting over Canmake, and other Japanese cosmetics for such a long time now and this post makes me tempted to just buy it! The cream blushes do look lovely and are the great size to include in your makeup bag. And don't worry, I bet the range of Canmake blushes would be similar shades when swatched. They do look slightly variated in the canisters so I probably would've picked the same shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lusting over Canmake since forever but never got the chance to try it until now. If you can make your purchases online for a reasonable price I'd definitely recommend you exploring Japanese cosmetics! The packaging are always to die for but of course the product itself has too be good too XD

      Delete
  3. they are soooo cute!!! I"ve been eyeing the can make collections for a while but haven't got a chance to get them yet. Hopefully I"ll be able to purchase them when I go to Asia next week. The blush colors are sooo adorable!

    www.mishialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I hope you have fun on your trip! I'll look forward to your hauling hehe.

      Delete
  4. Oh you're so luchky ! Canmake's products looks so amazing ! And they are so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe you should definitely try it out if you get the chance! they're really good products :D

      Delete
  5. Such sweet colours! I think we all suffer from the same affliction of gravitating towards the same shades over and over again :p Can't get enough of my pinks and peaches. The lip gloss looks really pretty, though I'm like you - not much of a lip gloss person. I've not ventured far (or at all) into Asian makeup, except for my Missha BB cream. Looks like I should take a closer look into that world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I really want to try out some bb creams as well. What do you think about the Missha one? There's so much out there that I don't even know which one to choose lol. I'm starting to explore the Asian makeup world and I feel like i should've done so sooner! There are so many gems to be discovered :D

      Delete
  6. I liek everything!! haha
    love the canmake gloss :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment