Midnight Sparkle






Revlon - Midnight Affair
China Glaze - Liquid Crystal

I finally got some ME time today to give myself a little manicure after leaving them bare for an entire week. Not only because I literally had no time due to assignments and studying for a midterm, I also decided it was a good break for my nails because removing the previous manicure (here) was such a pain in the butt and it really damaged my nails. Never will I cover all my nails with China Glaze's Marry A Millionaire again! It was by far the most difficult glitter nail polish to remove EVER :O I literally had to pick at my nails to get it off cause my nail polish remover couldn't even make it budge in the slightest. Marry A Millionaire is like the face of an angel but with a devil's heart. Trust me, it was a nightmare.

Anyway.

I should give Liquid Crystal the spotlight in this post! The glitter polish is opaque in one coat, so technically I could've just skipped out on painting a base colour on my accent nail. And as with most glitter polishes, it dried really quick as well. Liquid Crystal also has a subtle uniqueness - when your turn your nail at certain angles, you can see a purple tinge! Kind of like a duochrome, which I find pretty fascinating. Love this! But then again, when do I not love a glitter polish? hahaha. :P

Comments

  1. Pretty! The glitter polish does look nice and opaque. I like that...saves time, too, lol!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yeah, for some reason whenever I'm putting on nail polish I always seem to have a ton of stuff to do which makes me impatient! So it's good that it dries fast hehehe

      Delete
  2. Woah, opaque glitter in one coat? That sounds mightily impressive :) Love that accent nail. I have Midnight Affair, it's a nice night time/wintry polish. The China Glaze Marry A Millionaire sounds like it was an absolute nightmare to remove :( That's terrible. I hate having to remove chunky glitter polishes as well. I actually like to pile on way too many coats of my glitter polishes so that it kind of naturally separates from the nail and I can peel the whole thing off :p Sometimes it works (especially for my OPI glitters), other times no such luck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like midnight affair a lot, but the only downfall to it is that it takes forever to dry! Does that happen to you with your bottle? Hahaha that's actually what i meant when i said picking at my nails - but it was extremely damaging because I could see little white flakes of my own nail coming off and it turned really dry after! Pretty nasty stuff lol. And the days that followed after removing it, I put on a lot of thick moisturizing lotion to compensate it >_<.

      Delete
  3. I love how opaque the glitter varnish is! Definitely need to get some myself, can never find any that are! Looks really nice with one nail painted glittery and the rest dark xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. China Glaze and OPI have a pretty good selection of opaque glitter polishes, so you should take a look :) And thanks!

      Delete
  4. ooh pretty colors~ i love glitter polish too! but i agree with the removing part...takes foreverrrr!! i have learned to peel them off in the shower instead. much quicker lol~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's what I was doing! But my nails turned really nasty looking and dry afterwards, it's the best way but I'm hoping there'd be a less damaging method XD

      Delete
  5. wow love the midnight affair! Wow can't believe the glitter polish only took one coat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment