Boho Chic


Spring hasn't really arrived all that much in Vancouver, let alone summer...but whenever the word Bohemian pops up, I think of summer...sunny bronze, glowy and tanned makeup. I bought a cute headband a few weeks back from H&M and it really inspired me to do a Boho makeup look, so here I am with the tutorial using the infamous Naked Palette! These choices in colours can be easily found in drugstores so if you don't have the Naked Palette (....although I don't know why you wouldn't by now hahaha) you can recreate the look with other brands of eyeshadow colours. I hope you guys like this easy tutorial :D


Step 1: Apply a primer of your choice as usual and then using your finger - blend out a bronzy cream eyeshadow base over top (Urban Decay eyeshadows are fairly pigmented and stick on well even without a cream base...so if you want, you can skip this step - but this is just a habit of mine + putting my cream shadows into use haha).


Step 2: pack on a shimmery gold eyeshadow (half baked) all over the lids


Step 3: Taking a bronze coloured eyeshadow (smog), apply it to the outer corner and blend it inwards and down towards the upper lash line.


Step 4: Blend out the edges and add some more definition to the eyes by blending a matte brown shade (buck) in the crease


Step 5: using a smudger brush, take a dark brown eyeshadow (dark horse) and smoke it along the lash line


Step 6: by this time, you may have lost some of the gold eyeshadow (half baked) colour - so feel free to go back in and re-apply some more and also apply it to the inner corner of the eyes for the summery bronze look.


Step 7: using the smudger brush again, dip it into the gold eyeshadow (half baked) and smudge it along your lower lash line


Step 8: next, dip the smudger brush into the bronze eyeshadow (smog) and apply it to the outer one-third of the lower lash line - blending it in with the gold eyeshadow to create the sultry effect


Step 9: line your upper lash line with an eyeliner of your choice, line your waterline with a pencil liner, curl your lashes, apply mascara and then apply some natural looking cross-hair false lashes to complete the look :)



Step 10: put your cute headband on and you're finished! :D

Boho chic headbands are good for taming messy hair & keeping your bangs in place from the wind! :D

Products Used
Face

  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Medium 0-1
  • ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
  • ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette (Half Baked, Smog, Dark Horse, Buck)
  • Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner
  • Maybelline The Falsies Mascara 
  • Daiso False Lashes (Crosshair)
Lips
  • none

Comments

  1. I love your eye makeup and that headband!

    KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a gorgeous look and love your step by step photos :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you! I try to make it as clear & as easy as possible :P

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm the gold's so pretty! Makes me wish it was summer in australia right now!

    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww hahaha, I'm so looking forward to summer in my area! >_<

      Delete
  5. You look so pretty!!

    xoxo
    Liz

    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Thank you for the tuto ! Very nice make up ! I will try to do the same but I don't think it's be also beautiful because I don't really avian "asian eye" but mi asian mi european mi india, I don't know, I'm very strange ! :p
    It's a very beautiful make up ! <3

    Turtle <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! aww don't worry, just use the colours in a way that is most suitable to your own eye shape - that's what I always do whenever i come across some looks that I really love!

      Delete
  7. This is SO pretty, fantastic tutorial! I love that you used the Naked palette, because I have it and really want to give this a go now. I'm sure it won't turn out as gorgeous as you've done it here though :p I also have this habit of using my cream eyeshadows for my base. I think it does really make a difference, even though UD eyeshadows are quite pigmented already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Be sure to let me know how it goes when you try out this look!! AWW nahhh, i'm sure you'll do it just as good and even better :P haha yeah, putting on a base is like a natural instinct to me now whenever i use eyeshadows XD

      Delete
  8. I am a big fan of the boho look. It really works on you!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow love this look! Thanks for the tute!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it! and np~ I had a lot of fun doing this look myself :P

      Delete
  10. this is a pretty look, the colors are really nice...love the headpiece, too!

    i responded to your question about the bracelets here:
    http://rockoomph.blogspot.com/2012/05/lovely-obsessions.html?showComment=1336423629376#c1338180662311140918

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the reply and the helpful links!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment