Temptation Accepted

It's been a while since I bought this much makeup all together but to be fair, I've probably walked into Target and resisted the liquidation sale in the makeup aisle more than ten times over the past month before I caved. Not that there was anything particular that I wanted to get, but I figured it would be a good time to try out some products I've never considered before the liquidation. The same night, when I walked in to Superstore to help get groceries, there were big yellow signs all taped all around the store stating "tax free". When I went to check out the makeup section, so many items were on sale. TAX FREE AND ON SALE. Girl, you would say I have problems if I actually didn't end up buying anything.



Butter London nail polishes are usually $20, but I saw these two in the sale section at London Drugs the week before for $13 instead so I picked them up. The bright neon orange/coral polish is Jaffa and I have already painted my toes with it but they're camera shy so I'll just tell you guys that the colour is pretty much opaque in one coat, no streaking, and dries relatively quickly. So far so good. I haven't gotten around to using the Matte Finish Shine Free Topcoat, but I'm looking forward to it and will definitely do a post after I try it out.

I'm a blush addict. That's no news by now. I've always wanted to try Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blushes but never understood why a drugstore brand was so damn expensive. Usually these blushes retail for ~$15 and up. It was on sale at Superstore for $8 and tax free. I had to go home with one. The blush I settled for is called Pink. A very uncreative name for such a pretty blush. This shade reminds me of lipgloss, except for cheeks. It's a really pretty sheer shimmering pink when u swirl all the colours together. Next up, I bought Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. This shimmery golden peach colour is gorgeous! This has always been on my to buy list and it wasn't on sale, but I picked it up anyways because Milani makeup is hard to find for me; especially specific/popular products I'm looking for. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flamingo was a spontaneous buy. I figured I would pick up some more products that aren't carried in other drugstores before Target was gone completely. Flamingo is a bright matte pink. The blush is decently pigmented and the quality of the powder is smooth and soft.

L-R: Physicians Formula in Pink, Milani in Luminoso, Sonia Kashuk in 97 Flamingo

L-R: Sonia Kashuk in 97 Flamingo, Physicians Formula in Pink, Milani in Luminoso

I've never encountered any reviews or bloggers talking about this brand named Pixi. Every time I walked by Target I was always curious, but the products weren't cheap so I never tried it. The palette I have here is the Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Silver Sky. There weren't much Pixi products left, most of them were either open, fell out of their boxes, or opened and tested. I think this particular palette was the last of its kind and it was the silver taupey shade and the shimmering royal blue that I caught my attention. The eyeshadows are super soft, buttery, and pigmented. Why hasn't anyone tried or talked about this yet? I can't wait to do a makeup look using this palette!



Emily has raved about these Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colors before so when I saw it in the pile, I picked up Sheer Melon. I don't think that "sheer" is the right word to describe these lippies because they are actually quite opaque in nature. I think by far, the most disappointing product I have picked up is Sonia Kashuk's Lip Definer in Pink Whisper, on swatch the colour looks wonderful but the shade barely shows up on my lips. It is too light and not pigmented enough for my darker lips. I'll probably be giving this one away some time in the future.

Lately, the new buzz in the blogging world are these Milani Matte Lipsticks so of course I picked up one. The shade I have is in Matte Innocence. I like how this isn't a deadly nude, the formula isn't dry either but it does enhance all the dry patches on my lips which isn't flattering at all. So some work will definitely be required when wearing this. The last item I have is just the Sonia Kashuk Brow Gel. I've been looking to buy a new brow gel for a while, and was tempted to even splurge on the Benefit one, but I think this does the job well. It blends in my black hair and holds them in place. However, this isn't waterproof at all (not that there are any such claims on the packaging but I felt the need to point that out), when I washed the swatches off my hand, this brow gel was the first to go without even much rubbing. I don't think it's a big deal, but just something to keep in mind! Have you ladies done some happy Spring hauling lately?


L - R: Sonia Kashuk in Sheer Melon, Milani in Matte Innocence, 
Sonia Kashuk in Pink Whisper, Sonia Kashuk Brow Gel

Comments

  1. What lovely pickups! I seriously need to get my hands on Milani Luminoso - I'm actually heading to LA next year so I've definitely started compiling a serious shopping list heh :P The Sonia Kashuk sheer lipsticks look so pretty, I've heard some great things about them!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, haha i can only imagine how long that list would be! Pack me in your suit case please! I want to go to LA too :P

      Delete
  2. OMAGERD! LOL. I know what you mean! It's like me and duty free in bangkok airport! Except you've got a better deal with the sale!! I would LOVE to have milani's luminoso and that blush from PF (I've always wanted a blush like that) and a nude lippie from milani is also on my wish list! You've got great stuff, really good stuff! Hauls are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love how diverse your makeup collection is! So jelly that you go to thailand and other places in asia and go cray cray on their local makeup! I am absolutely in love with Milani's Luminoso! I sooo get what all the rave about it is now!!

      Delete
  3. I've heard Pixi being mentioned occasionally by British vloggers. I think Pixiwoo and maybe Tanya Burr? But it doesn't get much attention out of the US, I don't think. Their most famous product is the Glow Tonic which is championed by Caroline Hirons. I haven't tried any of their makeup but those shadows do look super pigmented! Matte Innocence is tricky but I'm just a sucker for the colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird how their products aren't talked about much, they seem to have good overall quality. I wish I could try more, but most of them were just not in good shape anymore because of the liquidation. Haha yea, I love Matte Innocence, I guess i'll just have to do some lip exfoliation. Other than that, no complaints!

      Delete
  4. You can find Milani at Walmart now (I know more Walmarts carry it now than before) and Well.ca! Also, HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA MOROCCAN BLUSHES??? SOOOOOO PRETTY AND I KINDA WANT TO PICK ONE UP. But yeah, the Superstore does have some amazing deals occasionally, especially during tax free events. Managed to pick up a Maybelline colour tattoo there once for like, $2.50!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT REALLY???? I never knew that Milani is at Walmart now!! But then again, I don't go to Walmart that often, but I'll definitely make note of it the next time I'm there! The selection at Superstore for Milani is usually very small and always out of stock :( *Goes and googles PF moroccan blushes right now* They are so insanely pretty!!! omgosh! Will be waiting for a sale again now LOL.

      Delete

Post a Comment