Spring Comfort



A few weeks ago, me and a couple of girls from our fashion club - Vanstyle did a Spring photoshoot together in a deceivingly sunny yet cold weather. We were all freezing our butts off but it was fun! It seems like forever since I last did a photoshoot and I feel like it's been a while since I posted an outfit on my blog so here are two spring outfits I came up with but immediately regretted it when I stood in the cold haha. Since this was a spring look, I kept my makeup simple and neutral. Most of the products that I am about to mention is found in my Best in Beauty post. The only exception would be using my Canmake Perfect Stylist Eyes palette in 05 Pinky Chocolate. For eyebrows and eyeliner I stuck to my trust worthy Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate and Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Black. For face, I just slapped on some Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light, and set it with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 004 Sandstorm. Since this was for a photoshoot, it was a necessity that I dusted and highlighted my face with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder to give my face the flawless and natural glow. For bronzer and blush, I just lightly sweeped on some NYC Bronzer in Sunny and NARS blush in Orgasm.


Sweat pants - Men's H&M, Denim Jacket - Forever 21, Beanie - Neff, Crop Top - Garage, Accessories - H&M and Taobao

For this first look, if you can't tell already I'm the lazy type of gal with my outfits. Most of the time, I seek for comfort over anything else. Therefore I actually styled up an outfit for our Spring photoshoot in sweat pants but skipping out on the traditional scrub look attire (aka the hoodie, old t-shirt, messy top bun, and UGGS - let's save all that for home chilling). Who said you can only be comfortable in the whole scrub attire and can't look cute at the same time? Whenever I have hair problems, I opt for a beanie to make my outfit more put together. Adding a body chain to my outfit also adds some twist to a typical sweat pants outfit. Speaking of sweat pants and hoodies, I strongly suggest everyone going out to H&M Men's section. The sweat pants and hoodies are super soft and warm at a very affordable price! Yes, not only do I like shopping in men's I also tackle the kid's section ;) you never know what you can find.


Cardigan - Zara, Hoodie - SFU x American Apparel, Lace Top, Belt and Tights - H&M, Shorts - Sirens, Shoes - Aldo

For this second outfit, I have continued keeping my outfit comfy with a large cable knit cardigan. Since the Vancouver weather is still chilly and unpredictable, a cardigan with massive holes in them will not keep you warm so I layered up with a faculty hoodie underneath. In case, raincouver decides to be bipolar at least you have a hood to cover your head for the time being. For my top, I have picked out my oldie but goodie white floral lace top that I can never go wrong with. As the famous quote from Miranda Preistly in The Devil Wears Prada says "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking" hahaha.

This wraps it up for my outfit of the day post! Photography credits to Tiana H. I hope you guys all enjoyed my cheat ways of being comfortable but looking cute and put together at the same time. What are some of your favourite ways to cheat a comfy yet cute outfit?

Comments