Current Favourites #1

Don't ask me why I never started a "favourites" series on my blog but I'll start one now. I know it's not the end of the month yet but I don't think I'll be able to commit to "monthly favourites" since I'm the type that likes to stick to a simple and fail proof routine once I find something good. Plus, I'm on rehab with blogging...but I'll promise to do a favourites post every now and then when I have something new and unmentioned before. Now let's get to the part where I'm crazily obsessive over a few things at the moment.


Aldo Mint Green & Gold Wallet
I've been wanting to get a new wallet for a long time and was originally planning to splurge on a high end one but I was sold when I saw this cute wallet in my favourite colour with a fraction of the cost! The only slight inconvenience is that it's very big and doesn't fit into a lot of my small purses that I like to carry.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Neutralizer
When I first bought this concealer, I had high hopes due to the countless raves in the beauty blogging world, but I was really bummed out because the shade was too light for my skin tone. I looked into the mirror with horror because I looked like a reverse raccoon. I left this sitting in my drawers for a while not knowing what to do with it but one day out of the blue I decided to give it a second try and now I love it. Instead of directly applying it on my dark circles (which I leave this important duty to my trust worthy Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach), I use this concealer to do the oh-so-famous Kim Kardashian upside down triangle concealer technique slightly underneath my dark circles and blend it up and out with my Bobbi Brown Corrector. It instantly brightens my whole complexion with its light weight yet high coverage formula.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black
In my Best in Beauty 2014 post, I mentioned that the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Black is my holy grail. But there has been another liner that walked into my life and I feel like I'm partly cheating on my Dolly Wink liner. I'm so sorry! lol. Lately, I've been using this Stila liner more often because I've been having more lazy makeup days than before. The liner has a felt tip, and though it is easy to work with it's not pointy enough to create the same kind of precision as the Dolly Wink liner. But in all other aspects, this liner is perfect. It's jet black, it lasts all day and doesn't crease.

Hi-Chew Candy
I've been noming on these candies ever since I've discovered their existence. They have officially become my favourite candies. I've been through 4 bags of the regular mix (which contains green apple, grape and strawberry flavour) within the past month and a half. I don't usually buy candy or even junk food but these are so fruity and mouth watering that I can't stop myself once I start eating them. UGH. WHY ARE YOU SO ADDICTING?!


Taobao Ring Sets
Instead of arm candy, I've been obsessed with finger candy. I absolutely adore these cute rings from Taobao because they actually fit my skinny fingers! These rings are actually adjustable and I've been wearing them at least a few times a week when I go out! I always like to accessorize with rings because they are the one type of accessory that is hassle free. With necklaces, I sometimes I feel like I'm being choked; with bracelets...I can never put on the clasps myself unless they are the elastic/stretchy kind.


Apple Ipod Touch
This was actually my birthday present but I thought I'd include it in here anyways. My old Ipod Shuffle was getting really old, and it was becoming faulty - it would skip songs and have glitches. Acquiring this new device also brought out the gamer side of me again, I've been playing Puzzles & Dragons and Tsum Tsum. Anyone?! :D

Formula X Nail Polish in Extraordinary
This mini polish came from The Twenty Two set which I bought a long while ago. I think the name of this polish suits the colour itself very well. In the bottle, the polish looks like a regular light gray but to my surprise, there's a bit of a twist to the colour. Once you put it on you can see that it actually has a really nice blue undertone to it making it a blue-gray instead of a boring gray. Just in case you are wondering, the accent top coat on my ring finger is another Formula X polish in Turbulent.


Comments

  1. Great stuff!! I used to eat those hi chew fruit chewies and they are yummy! I used to love fruit gummies, the cheap asian ones that all taste a bit similar! And that nail polish with your glitter top coat is FABULOUS! And your wallet too is just divine! Awesome favorite picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha they are just so yummy! I love them. :9

      Delete
  2. Love that nail polish colour - totally my kind of shade! Sephora recently opened up a store in Australia but the Formula X polishes are around $20 each :( Looks like I won't be getting any, lol. I love both the Stila and Dollywink liquid liners - they're both my absolute favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's too bad! I hate how they jack up the prices when they open in different places. I think the Formula X polishes are ~$13-15 CDN. But they do sell sets and those are always a better deal than getting a full size on its own!

      Delete

Post a Comment