Pinky Chocolate


Of the many times that I went into SaSa Cosmetics while I was in Hong Kong, every time I walked in I always found myself in a dilemma with this Canmake Perfect Stylist Eyes eyeshadow palette in 05 Pinky Chocolate. I debated whether I should get this palette because I already have a similar colour range palette at home waiting for my return - Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. And of course, judging by the appearance of this post...I have caved in. It swatched so beautifully that I simply couldn't pass it up. The eyeshadows in this palette are soft and smooth with "decent" pigmentation. I put quotations here because this doesn't equate to the eyeshadows being bad; what I'm trying to say here is don't expect it to be the same with say - Urban Decay eyeshadows. If that's what you're looking for, you won't find it in this palette. This Canmake eyeshadow palette has its own way of beauty. It's easy to work with since the eyeshadows aren't overly pigmented and requires you to blend away each time you lay your brush on your lids. This palette is quick and easy to use for an every day look. 


Instructional diagrams on the back are nothing new for Japanese branded makeup but I always appreciate how informative yet simple they are :)

L-R: shade E, A, B, C, D

This photo doesn't do the middle glitter shade ("topping jewel" / shade "E") any justice as it appears to be nothing but bits and pieces of glitter chunks on my hand. In real life, the glitter highlight shade is absolutely gorgeous and makes the inner tear duct area of your eye pop. The "base" / shade "A" is an off-white matte shade which is surprising to me because it is very rare to find any matte shades in Japanese eyeshadow palettes. My favourite shadow out of this palette has to be the rose gold "natural style" / "B" shade in the middle. "Bright style" / Shade "C" is a shimmery peachy pink shade and lastly, the "liner" / shade "D" is a shimmery brown shadow with red undertones making this very unique to your typical neutral palette.

L-R: Canmake shade "B", Urban Decay YDK, Canmake shade "C", Urban Decay Burnout, Visee Glam Shade Eyes PK-1, Canmake shade "D"

I compared the eyeshadows in this palette to other shades that I thought might be similar or a dupe. Shade "B"  compared to Urban Decay's YDK from the Naked 2 palette leans more on the golden orange side while YDK is more brown and bronzy. The most similar eyeshadows are shade "B" compared to Urban Decay's Burnout from the Naked 3 palette - I can almost call them dupes. Except shade "B" is more peachy and Burnout is more pink and doesn't have as much noticeable silver shimmers. The last comparison swatch was a total mismatch between Visee's liner shade in Glam Shade Eyes PK-1 and the liner shade in this Canmake palette. As mentioned from before, Canmake's liner shade is quite unique in that its liner shade is a shimmery brown with red undertones while other brown eyeshadows in general are just true browns. Overall, I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. The eyeshadows in this palette are gorgeous! Whenever I'm in a rush I always reach for this palette cause it's so small and compact. If you ever need to amp up your look for a night out you can easily carry this in your makeup bag and increase the intensity with the liner shade.

Comments

  1. Glad to know you love this palette! I've bought canmake eyeshadow trios before and the quality was lovely, seemingly a bit more pigmented than these palettes but I'm a huge fan of how their palettes are all gorgeous neutral shades with pinks, golds and beige shades besides just browns. I totally would consider getting one of these as a gift for a friend, the shades are so easy to work with, I think you've got a great piece there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yea I know this palette is not as pigmented as some of the other ones they offer, but I don't mind it much because it works out in a good way. I know!! I wanted to get all of their palettes when I saw them. It was so hard to choose!

      Delete
  2. It does remind me of the Naked 3 palette! I didn't buy that one because warm shades and pinks on my eyes scare me a little but these eyeshadows are gorgeous! I love finding things in Sasa- that shop is Asian beauty product treasure trove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intimidated in the same way before I bought the Naked 3 palette, but trust me - those shades all work very well on any skin tone! I guess this would be a good alternative if you're curious to try something similar and cheaper!

      Delete

Post a Comment