Impressive Longevity




I actually bought this retractable pencil liner months ago at Walmart but totally forgot to mention about it's good deeds to you guys! Forgive me! >_< Better late than never right?! haha. Anyways, this Maybelline Eyestudio Master Drama retractable pencil liner came out in the fall and it is pigmented, smooth, creamy and glides on effortlessly. In my opinion, this is actually better than the good ol' Revlon Colorstay one! Though the Revlon one did have decent longevity, it was just way too dry and hard to apply and not pigmented enough for that reason as well. I remembered one youtube guru had to warm it up under her armpits so it'd glide on better lol.......


Another reason why I love this liner so much is because it doesn't smudge or smear, it fades. From the swatch above, I gave it a decent pressured rub with my index finger after letting the liner set for about 15-30 seconds and the results? The liner definitely faded a little, but there was zero/no smearing at all - there was only a small amount of visible transfer to my finger. I also tried to rub this off while I was in the shower later in the night, and it took me at least a good full minute of harsh vicious rubbing to get it off completely with hot water running over top. However, I don't want to say that this is waterproof because makeup products tend to perform differently on the hand than on your actual eyes and a lot of factors have an affect on the results (eg. environment, primer, sweat, oily lids, physical activity etc...). But on a typical, normal day this eyeliner does last 8-12 hrs so it is definitely a must have eyeliner - especially if you need one for your waterline.


I'm not sure if you can tell from above, but here's how it went for my waterline:
  • 1 hour later: looks just the same as when I first applied it
  • 4 hours later: the inner corner has faded a little 
  • 6 hours later: both inner corner and outer corner has faded, the liner only remains in the center where the pupil naturally lies and as you can see, there are no downward transfers from the liner which is pretty darn impressive.

**Important Note: As with all products though, there is a minor con with this amazing eyeliner and that is: it does not twist back down! So don't be fiddling with this and twist it too far up! You'll regret it lol. So far, I haven't experienced nicking off the eyeliner with the cap (thankfully *crossfingers*), so I can overlook this minor issue. :P

All in all, this is an amazing eyeliner and I definitely recommend this to everyone and anyone that's looking for a long lasting pencil liner. You should definitely go check this out the next time you're at the drugstore!

Overall Rating: 10/10

Comments

  1. I really like the packaging of this, except for the fact it doesn't twist back down! And lol, warming up products with their armpits? :S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I don't know why they couldn't design the packaging better, it's not like they don't have other retractable pencil products... :/ ahahaha yes, warming up products with armpits! I was quite...wide eyed witnessing it lol.

      Delete
  2. That's so strange about it not winding down! But I'm impressed reading about the lasting power and the fact it doesn't smudge. I think I'm using the Colorstay one right now and I've been fairly happy with it, though when that runs out I'll be looking to pick this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so weird! Glad to hear that the Colorstay one works for you. Definitely not a bad one, but now that I've discovered this Maybelline one I'll be repurchasing this instead. Let me know how you like it when you pick it up! :)

      Delete
  3. very nice!^^ And one thing I really like your blog! is very interesting :) if you could have a follow me (if you'll like my blog) and I will surely return the favor :) Regards

    SzparSon Blog
    SzparSon Facebook

    XOXO ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks haha, I'll check out your blog soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Greate blog! invite to me:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybelline has great products. Havent tried this one, but in love with their gel eyeliner. Stays on forever, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, I like a lot of their products. I love their gel eyeliner as well!! I have them in brown & black and I use the black one everyday! Give this a try when you can :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jenni, thank u for the lovely comments dear. This review is awesome! I love how you write it. Its very detail and helpful, and engaging! Keep it up girl. I think this liner is great to be able to last that many hours =) Folllowin u on gfc, and twitter dear. Happy Holiday!


    Nuké

    http://www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe you're welcome Nuke :))) Thank you! This means a lot to me <3 I'll be following you back on twitter! <3

      Delete
  7. Awesome review, I can never find an eyeliner that lasts the distance. Might have to see if I can find this one. (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this works for you! If you want to make sure it lasts or last longer, put a primer underneath. Let me know how it worked for you. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi!! hehe :P Of course! I'll be coming over to your blog right now, thanks for following love! I'm glad you like it :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment