Sweet, Juicy, and Irresistable


A much delayed post since I bought these all the way back in December but I'm so excited share my love about these babes with you guys! I think it's every girl's dream to finally own a YSL lipstick and have a sufficient collection of them. I'm definitely looking forward to buying more but only every now and then as a treat for myself so I don't to break the bank. The two colours I have here are Rouge Volupte Shine in 15 Corail Intuitive and Rouge Pur Couture (Glossy Stain) in 7 Corail Aquatique
......

Rouge Volupté Shine in 15 Corail Intuitive: This has become my holy grail and go-to lipstick.  It is a light warm coral pink and probably one of the best balances of the colours I have come across so far. I like that it leans towards the pink side but has the coral warmth to support it which makes it very flattering on my skin tone. Corail Intuitive is a light pink, but not to be confused with it being sheer. The lipstick is moisturizing on the lips and has a satin finish that gives you the juicy pout you want. Not to mention, it has the most amazing yummy fruity candy scent to it; making your lips irresistible. Last but not least, I can stare and admire the packaging all day long. This lipstick is the definition of perfection. If I ever run out (which I probably will, judging by how often I put these on my lips), you bet I'll be getting a second tube.

Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres in 7 Corail Aquatique: YSL Glossy Stain lippies are probably the closest products that I will ever put on my lips similar to a lipgloss but not really. Corail Aquatique is an orange-red glossy stain with micro-silver glitters that are not detectable on the lips but only seen with careful inspection on swatch. The packaging is in a square tube and has a slanted heart shape pointed applicator that makes application very precise and easy. When you first apply the product, it goes on smooth and creamy but once it dries it becomes quite sticky (which is the only downfall that I need to get over) and is the reason why the colour is sealed in place for the whole day. I can eat a few meals and still find the colour remain perfectly on my lips. The formula is light weight (almost watery and thin) but the colour is delivered opaque. Like Corail Intuitive, this lip product also makes your lips stunningly juicy. One thing to be careful of; although not particularly noticeable with Corail Aquatique is if you pucker your lips too much after it has dried the product will look unattractive, patchy, and uneven on the lips (this is very noticeable with my other glossy stain in Violet Edition).

15 Corail Intuitive
15 Corail Intuitive & 7 Corail Aquatique

Comments

  1. i like the corail intuitive....very pretty. i'd love to have a YSL or tom ford :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Ford is where my eyes have laid on for next. In particular there spring collection of nail polishes! They look gorgeous!!

      Delete
  2. Corail Intuitive looks STUH-nning, I've seen some drool-worthy lip swatches too. It's like my makeup dream to own one of their lipsticks haha!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know right? Owning these lipsticks seems to be a big step of advancement in my makeup collection. I love them sooo much!

      Delete
  3. No kidding when I saw you post about getting these I got so excited because they're both shades I've set my heart on. They're $50+ here and I just can't see myself getting either until I'm working and earning lol. #povstudent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are around $30+ here in Canada and i already felt a slight twinge in my heart when I paid for them. But they're totally worth it. My makeup addiction can be currently satisfied with having two jobs hahah but still got to save up and watch my expenditures when these little babies are so expensive! :P

      Delete
  4. I'm not big on the Glossy Stains but I've been eyeing a YSL lipstick for forever. You've officially sold me on Corail Intuitive - definitely will be checking that out next time I'm at a YSL counter. I would be hesitant to fork out full price here but who knows if I happen to travel later in the year and pass by a duty free counter :p Can't say that the packaging wouldn't be 85% of my motivation though ... since I'm pretty sure I must have a similar shade in my lipstick collection already, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think i'll stick to the lipsticks from now on....not a big fan of it drying as stickyness on my lips. Hahaha well i'll look forward to you thoughts about it when u pick it up. I guess for my small lipstick collection this is not a shade I have but it'll be great to know a cheaper alternative :P

      Delete
  5. The lippies is just stunning! I have two rouge volupte lipsticks, they aren't even the types of shades that I'd have chosen but I was in a rush and picked up a duo from duty free but even so, the formula is just amazing. So moist, so creamy, light and so great on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be buying more rouge volupte lipsticks. I love the formula and everything else about it so much! What shades did you get?

      Delete

Post a Comment