Nude Obsession


This is yet another long overdue post. I promised you all that I'd do a whole review and swatches on the Formula X The Twenty Two set but, truth be told I don't have the time to even paint my nails anymore. Give me some time and I pomise I will introduce each colour from the set to you. Slowly but surely. If anyone saw me in person right now and inspected my nails, it would be a glitter chipping mess and 'nasty-ness'. The story goes like this: for my birthday, my sister did an at home gel nail manicure on me; the results were amazing and they lasted for two weeks chip free. However, when the day came that I decided to take them off.....it was the worst nightmare of my life. If you thought removing glitter polish was hard, try removing gel nail polish with a crappy acetone remover. Absolutely disastrous. I'd choose glitter polish any other day. But I'll leave the the rest of the story later when I review the Nailuv Gel Nail Polish kit I got for my birthday present. So what about this glitter mess? I never got all of the gel nail polish off so I covered it with glitter polish to make it slightly more presentable. Anyways, I apologize for the rambling, so let's get back onto Formula X and this second nude nail polish love of mine. 


Thrilling & Meteoric

I'm not sure if any of you guys remember, but all the way back I had introduced my favourite nude nail polish from Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Bare Naked. I never thought I would find another favourite nude nail polish to set an equivalent place in my heart, but Formula X Thrilling was definitely a surprise to me. In fact, this combination was actually introduced to me by Makeup By Tiffany D here. She was the one who convinced me to buy the The Twenty Two set. Although, the price tag seemed quite hefty at first, when you think about how a regular sized nail polish costs $12-13 already, buying 4 would make up the price of getting 22 polishes in a variety of colours. This is especially great for a girl like me, who always ends up gravitating towards the same type of colours lol.

I never saw the hype about this 'new' (but not so new anymore) brand before putting this combination on my nails. I instantly fell in love, not only with the colours but with the brand. Thrilling went on opaque in two coats with no streaks and no mess. With a top and base coat this polish will last on your nails for a good week or so. Although Thrilling may seem like just a nude, it's beyond just any nude. It's a beautiful light beige creme that has pinky-purple and gray undertones. In a different lighting you can tell that there's a hint of warmth in this polish making it very flattering. Other times, it looks like a pale gray but definitely not to the extent of Dior Gris Trianon. Meteoric is a black and white confetti with rainbow micro glitters. It has a clear base, so don't expect this to be an opaque 'glitter'; actually, I'm not even sure if it's right to call this a 'glitter' because it's not glittery or sparkly at all. Instead I'd rather think of this as more of a special top coat layer.

Since the initial test with this combination I have tried a few other creme colours from the set, and the formula is quite consistent with every colour. Overall, I would definitely say that this was a good purchase and definitely recommend it if anyone is able to find this set. It would have been nice of me to review this earlier but oh well. If you can't find the set, I would say go for the regular sizes! I will definitely look forward to purchasing other colours, but until I have gone through and tried every colour in The Twenty Two I will refrain myself from buying other Formula X polishes. Gotta keep this shopaholic and makeup addict on control.

Comments

  1. I probably would have succumbed to the temptation of this set if I had access to a Sephora. I like the idea of buying a set where there are colours in there you normally would've gravitate toward - expanding your colour horizons! The way you describe Thrilling and how it has subtle colour changes sounds super pretty :) Wish I could check it out in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the set ranges from neutrals to neons, metallics and glitter and it really adds a lot to my nail polish collection. I remember your previous post about Nails Inc Porchester Square sounds really similar to Thrilling. I think I might check it out the next time I'm at Sephora and see how the two compares hehehe. :)

      Delete
  2. i love a good nude/neutral...this is nice. love the speckled look (vs just glitter) of the meteoric. thank you for sharing this.

    [oomph.]
    $600 SPRING Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment