NARS x Guy Bourdin: One Night Stand Cheek Palette


I know this post is long overdue, but it's always better late than never right? This semester is a crazy one for me and I'm officially on my way to suicidal (just kidding). But in all seriousness, I'm taking a full time school course load with two jobs and volunteering. Every week is a time crunch for me so don't be surprised that I can't keep up with the blogging world. I promise I'll try my best though! There's just too much that I want to do but not enough time. You guys should see how many drafts I have started in blogger ugh lol. Be patient with me and stayed tuned, I promise I'll post as much as I can! Anyways, I'll skip out on my story on this palette as I'm sure most of you know it already hahaha. So let's get on with the review!


Top - Bottom: Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, Laguna, Deep Throat, Goulue

In terms of owning NARS products, this would be my first official one (not counting samples) and I was so excited to receive it in the mail. I got this off of the Sephora website and it was delivered to me within one and a half week since the time of purchase. I was super happy that the palette was nicely wrapped and well protected in a red pouch so nothing was broken (I've heard too many online purchase disasters). I like the sleek matte black packaging and the handy big mirror on the interior. Everything about this palette just speaks high end quality and well made. But having paid a full $72, I would not expect anything less. Overall, the blushes are decently pigmented and last a whole day on my cheeks. If I were to bring a cheek palette for traveling, this would be it. This palette has everything you need with a highlighter, a bronzer, and four distinct blushes. From here on out, I think I have more reasons to browse through the NARS section.


Devotee: a pretty frosted/shimmery highlight colour with a hint of light pink and gold sheen. Normally I don't gravitate towards any sort of highlighting as I always get this perceived idea that I would look too shiney and enhance the look of an oily grease ball. However, this highlighter is different, it's pigmented enough but goes on giving the skin a bit of a natural 'oomph'. Do use a light hand, as this is quite pigmented.

Mistinguette: a matte bubblegum pink shade. To my surprise, this shade actually has zero resemblance to other pink shades that I own and have thought that this colour was nothing special. Mistinguette is a lighter and more blue based pink compared to ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion. Dollface from Tarte Off the Cuff cheek palette is more peachy and coral.  

Orgasm: your classic peachy pink blush with gold shimmers. This has been such a prestigious shade that I had to think twice about giving a redundant description, maybe you ladies yawn already lol.

Laguna: I finally get the hype on this bronzer. I don't think I have ever been so attached to any bronzer knowing that it contains gold shimmer in it like this one does but somehow Laguna works magic and you don't even notice the gold shimmer on your face. This bronzer gives you a nice natural contour which is exactly what I am always looking for!

Deep Throat: a light peach shade with slight gold shimmer. This has been one of my go-to natural blushes since I got this palette. I feel like this is one of those no brainer blushes where you can't go wrong pairing it with anything. Compared to Orgasm, this is much lighter, less pink and with less gold shimmer. 

Goulue: a medium rosey pink with gold shimmers. Probably the most pigmented blush out of the whole palette and requires a light hand otherwise you will over do it and look like you got punched in the face. When used in moderation though, this shade looks very flattering on the cheeks. I would say this is probably the stand out from the palette as it is very different from what you would normally find or expect! Coming from me, this is saying a lot about this blush since I tend to shy away from deeper blush colours like this. 

L-R: Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, Laguna, Deep Throat, Goulue

Comments

  1. Omg this palette looks so beautiful!!!

    Nhi | Sincerely Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is gorgeous !! It's out of stock in France. I'm so sad :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhh this palette is so hard to get your hands on! Just keep looking, dont give up! Good luck :)

      Delete
  3. This palette is so gorgeous but I couldn't find it where I live. :(
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try looking online? You'll probably have higher chances but it might be more expensive depending on where you get it >_<

      Delete
  4. I've always been fascinated by their products, however they just are so pricey and I've come across many mixed reviews. A note that I remember was a friend telling me how little product you get in their blush palettes which is a huge turnoff as you are paying a lot and I'd expect more than a gram each at least! Thank you for swatching, I love all the shades but the first two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean, it's kind of like either you love it or you don't. For me, I don't own any NARS blushes, so having this palette gives me little comparison to their full size originals. This is definitely a splurge for me and which is why I have refused to buy the regular sizes for so long. If you divide each shade in this palette and compare the prices you would definitely get more since one blush is already more than half the price of this palette. That's my own justification though ahha

      Delete
    2. I can totally get why a palette like this is a good place to start, at the end of the day you're still getting way more to try and if you don't like one or two so much it's still okay since its a set! Oh and just go to Sleek's website! There is NO shipping cost, they ship free worldwide!

      Delete
    3. OMG. wow I didnt know it was free!!! Gonna go check it out now for sure lol thanks Sharylnn!! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow Mistinguette looks so light! Especially if you say it's lighter than e.l.f. Pink Passion which I already think is one of the lightest (in terms of shades of similar brightness) pinks I own. I have Laguna (in a blush/bronzer duo with Angelika), Deep Throat and Orgasm which are really three of my favs. I just love NARS blushes (and Laguna bronzer) so I definitely think this palette was a good purchase for you and a great introduction to NARS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprisingly light! I didn't even realize how light Mistinguette was until I swatched other blushes beside it. I expected it to be really similar to ELF Pink Passion, but I was so wrong lol! Laguna is definitely one of my favourite bronzers now, I also enjoy using Deep Throat a lot. I'm so happy I didn't give up on getting this palette ahaha :P

      Delete

Post a Comment