Tarte: Off the Cuff

If I had to describe this blush palette with two words, it will have to be absolute love. I absolutely love everything about this palette. I love the glittery gold-silver packaging, sleekness, big mirror, and the cute bow cuff that comes with the palette. I've actually already worn the cuff out a few times already and it just makes my outfit more interesting, cute, and spiced up. The only tiny complaint that I have is that I wish they would've imprinted the names of the blushes on the palette instead of slipping a clear plastic sheet labeling the blushes. I don't appreciate opening up the palette with the plastic sheet flopping all over the place every time, but I also don't want to forget the names of the blushes in the long run if I threw it out. The blushes are extremely pigmented and of great quality. They are very soft in texture and one dab of your brush in the pan will be more than enough colour for your cheeks. 




L-R: Crave, Dazzled, Darling, Dollface, Park Ave Princess

Crave: a bright warm pink coral shade

Dazzled: a deep muted mauve/berry colour with tiny specs of gold shimmer which is not very noticeable on the cheeks; this can be a contouring blush colour

Darling: a peachy matte colour with a bit of pink tinge

Dollfaced: a matte blue-based light pink shade; a dupe of this colour would be ELF's Studio Blush in Pink Passion

Park Ave Princess: a warm golden brown bronzer in a satin finish; it's becoming my new favourite bronzer!

L-R: ELF Studio Warm Bronzer, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Milk Chocolate, ELF Blush & Bronzing Powder, NYC Matte Bronzer in Sunny, Shu Uemura Bronzer in Warm Sun, Tarte Bronzer in Park Ave Princess

Since the Park Ave Princess in this palette is quickly becoming one of my favourites, I was very curious on how it compared to the rest of my bronzer collection so I swatched and compared all of them side by side. I would definitely say that Park Ave Princess is the second most pigmented bronzer I own while the most pigmented is still ELF's bronzer from the Blush & Bronzing Powder duo. Park Ave Princess is the medium between ELF's bronzer and NYC Sunny for the golden brown shade, and has a satin finish similar to ELF Studio Warm Bronzer. Shu Uemura is always more orange compared to any bronzer. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil is the lightest out of all my bronzers but a very good pick for a subtle and natural contouring shade. If you want more detailed reviews about each bronzer I have, click here!

Comments

  1. The first three blush shades in the palette are exactly the types of shades I love and I don't wear my blushes lightly! I don't have a bronzer that I wear regularly because it's not a habit but I think this set would definitely have lots of love if I had it! Do enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like this palette is the perfect match for you! You should definitely get your hands on it and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  2. This palette looks amazing - I definitely would have wanted it if I didn't have a couple of Tarte blushes already. I recently picked up Dollface and you're right, it does remind me A LOT of e.l.f. Pink Passion. I'm more partial to peach blushes than pinks as I find them better for my skin tone, so I probably would've preferred Blissful or Tipsy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blissful and Tipsy are also the shades that are right up my alley! I may consider getting more Tarte blushes after this purchase since I'm really loving all of them right now. By the way, I actually got my hands on the NARS One Night Stand palette from the Sephora website; surprisingly it was restocked and now I can't wait until I receive it in the mail! hehe :D

      Delete
    2. OMG so exciting! Can't wait for you to receive it and for your review on it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment