A 'Quick' Look at Target


Target has finally opened up in quite a few places in Vancouver but I never had the chance to go visit and see what it was like. In addition, everyone around me who has gone only gave me the same feedback: it was disappointing and no better or equivalent to be comparable to the stores in the states (price and product offering wise). This just poured cold water on my heated urge to go but I gave in last week, and oh boy did the makeup section with its white fluorescent light ever call out so strongly to me when I walked inside. It's no wonder why they used such bright catchy lighting. Heaven is where it always shines brightest.

After much self control I only walked out with two lip products. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp and Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Colour in Nude Pink. These two wonderful things have quickly made its way into my makeup bag to carry around with me every day.


L-R: NYX Antwerp & Sonia Kashuk Nude Pink

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp: a gorgeous matte pink coral shade that isn't too bright and is perfect for everyday wear. After seeing it in Jenn's videos from Clothesencounter, Antwerp has always been on mind. It was only a matter of when I came across these Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have not tried anything like this lip product before and I am absolutely loving it. The description on the tube is exactly what it is: It's not a lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte. The colour is very pigmented and lasts 4-5 hours, reapplication after eating is a must (you may be able to get away with one drink though). I was actually quite surprised that this suited my skintone well. The only down side to this product is that you must make sure that your lips are well moisturized, or else the matte finish of this product will enhance all those fine lines and dryness that are extremely unattractive.

Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Colour in Nude Pink: MLBB shade, a muted medium warm pink with a satin finish. I didn't realize this, but there actually hasn't been much review on this product at all until I went home and tried to google for reviews and of those that I have found, there was none on this shade. This lipstick is extremely moisturizing and I can almost describe it as a chapstick instead. This lipstick also lasts approximately 4-5 hours on my lips and needs reapplication after meals. Initially, I picked up this lipstick only because I recalled Emily from Beauty Broadcast reviewing and highly recommending a range of Sonia Kashuk lip products. However, I had mistaken her and she was actually talking about the Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colours instead. But I don't regret purchasing this lipstick at all. I think this is just an understated product. I like the sleek black square packaging with the color featured on the cap. The imprint of 'SK' on the lipstick bullet is also a nice feature and makes the packaging a lot more classier and high end like, except I think it would've been a better idea to have it imprinted on the side. After one swipe on my lips, the imprint smudged and disappeared and my heart slightly clenched in disappointment that I had ruined it.

Overall, I highly recommend these lippies and I can't wait to go to Target again and browse in the makeup section. The next product that I have been eyeing is the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette and maybe picking up a few nail polishes from Sinful Colors since they are so cheap. Although, I don't think I need any more nail polishes after getting The Twenty Two from Formula X......

Comments

  1. That Sonia Kashuk shade is sooo amazing, definitely would be a MLBB shade as well but probably a bit more pink. It looks very creamy and smooth which would be a plus for my dry lips! I really would love to have one of those quads from SK with different finishes of shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! The lipstick is so hydrating you won't expect it at all! Hahah! I never heard much about SK eyeshadows though, which one in particular have u heard that's good?

      Delete
  2. I've heard of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams for ages but have never found the impetus to try out one. I think the colour would suit yellow-toned skins quite well. I've never tried Sonia Kashuk products but if I had access to their stuff I would probably go for their brushes :) Though the concealer palette seems well-reviewed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think you'd really like them, although just for the heads up - that they do not look nice on dry lips. I think I'll go back to try more colours. I didn't expect myself to like Antwerp that much. Yes!! I totally forgot about their brushes but I'm not sure if i should get more because I have a bunch but I only use the few on a regular basis *guilty* lol

      Delete
  3. I have NYX Antwerp and I find it sooo pretty - the shade! It makes my lips peel though :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww no that's terrible! Did u try putting on chaptstick? :T

      Delete

Post a Comment