Sephora Friends & Family Sale Haul


Recently the big buzz has been the Sephora VIB Friends and Family sale that only occurs maybe once or twice a year. Therefore, as a beauty addict's duty, it is a necessity to take advantage of it. I only bought two things, the first item I went straight to pick up was the Tarte Off the Cuff Amazonian Clay Cheek Palette and Bracelet. I was a little worried at first because there was none left on the display and the sales associate said that it was probably gone by the hour I came. But luckily I bugged another Sephora girl and they had more instock. This is a lesson to learn that never settle unless you know that they've checked in the back for you hahaha. I don't own anything Tarte so having been introduced to this holiday palette, I figured that it was a great deal. It comes with four blushes and one bronzer. Each product has 0.15 oz of product in it, which is roughly a little bit more than half of a regular individual blush (0.2 oz). Also, a regular blush costs $31 whereas this palette costs $50 (before discount) which evens out to $10 per blush. I'd still pick this palette up even if there wasn't a VIB discount. 

Isn't the packaging adorbs?! I'm also extremely happy that the bow cuff fits my small wrist! <3
L-R: Crave, Dazzled, Darling, Dollface, Park Ave Princess

I wasn't really planning on getting the Formula X The Twenty Two set at first, but the night before the VIB sale I was watching Tiffany D's October favourites and haul video which convinced me that it would be something I'd like. Normally, I don't think I'd gravitate towards this set because there are more cremes than special effects or glitters that I want. But I realized that this set would be great for me because I have such a small range of colours in my collection and on a closer look, some of the creme colours are definitely right up my alley (not the neons though). Price wise, a set of 22 minis is equivalent to 4 regular sized polishes. Since I haven't tried any of Formula X's polishes I think this set would be nice for me to try out the quality of their polishes in every range that they offer before I buy a full size of my choice. I will swatch these polishes in a full review on this set. So stay tuned! :)

Overall, I'm quite happy and satisfied with the two things I bought. But the one thing I'm regretting about this haul though is not getting the NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette. At the time I was in store, I thought that I shouldn't get so many blush palettes but now I'm just hitting my foot. SIGH. It seems like I always make the stupidest reasons for missing out on the NARS limited edition cheek palettes. :'''''''(((( Second lesson learned: if you see something you like, just buy it. Don't wait. Don't hesitate.

L-R: Turbulent, Need for Speed, Extraordinary,Omni, Infatuated, Thrilling, Vroom, Flashy, 
White Matter, Dark Matter, Meteoric
L-R: Bionic, Rocket Fule, Radioactive, Zap, Unmistakable, Brazen, Eureka, Racy, Indelible, 
Haphazard, Wham!


What did you guys buy from the Sephora Friends and Family sale? 

Comments

  1. The Tarte palette looks so pretty! I read Temptalia's review and it's almost as good at the NARS One Night Stand palette ;) but the NARS palette is about $100 here and Tarte still hasn't entered the Australian market yet. :( I reason with myself that I've already got NARS Deep Throat and the only other shades I want are Douceur and Laguna, therefore it's not worth the trouble. We do make silly excuses to ourselves, don't we? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that makes me feel a lot better :P If you had the chance I think you'd enjoy the blushes and bronzer from Tarte a lot. I just tried it out today on my face and also swatched them. The quality is amazing! We're relatively close on the NARS palette, it costs $72 here in Canada. I'm glad that at least you have a very good reason/excuse not to get the cheek palette haha I on the other hand still have a bit of trouble getting over it >_< Oh well, I guess we were not meant to be. Right now I am trying to convince myself that the Tarte Off the Cuff is more than enough and I don't need to sulk over the NARS palette. XD

      Delete
  2. Wow that is one insane nail polish set! So many colours to play around with :)

    The Tarte blush palette looks gorgeous - definitely worth the money in my opinion, especially with the discount you receive. Hope you enjoy the blushes! I prefer NARS blushes to Tarte though. I think it's understandable that you'd feel regret over not buying the NARS blush palette. If I didn't have half the shades already I'd probably pay exorbitant local markup for it :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the tarte blushes so far. Which colours do u have? I'm hoping they would be able to restock the nars palette soon. I still have a 10% discount so fingers crossed!*

      Delete
    2. Orgasm, Deep Throat and Laguna. I really want to try Albatross though! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG, I really really hope that set of polishes is going to be here in sephora singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tarte cheek palette looks like a great set for the price, considering so many people love their blushes and the colour payoff is great :D had a quick google on the nars palette and I can see why you're kicking yourself for not buying it; although maybe you can justify it by getting good use out of the tarte one haha
    Looking forward to the nail polish swatches !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the tarte blushes! Getting the NARS palette is like the cherry on top for me now. My friend told me that they are restocking next week, so hopefully they do and then I can get my hands on it hehe. It was the worst mistake ever though, I could've gotten it with 20% discount! >_>

      Delete

Post a Comment