Dior Gris Trianon

This isn't a recent purchase but rather one of my birthday gifts way back in January that I never got around to blogging about. Recently, I decided to wear it again and it reminded me of how much it deserves a post by itself. Dior Gris Trianon is part of the Spring 2013 collection. It's my first Dior polish and I am absolutely in love with everything about it. It is a medium gray with a warm undertone that I can almost classify it as a neutral. It is opaque in two coats with a nice gloss finish. The application is a dream. Never had I ever applied nail polish with such breeze and perfection before. The brush applicator glides on the nail effortlessly and fits the nail shape like a glove; one to two strokes and you are finished. No streaks, no blotches, mess free. 


Nail accent: Revlon's Heavenly

Comments

  1. that colour is right up my alley! I just bought a marc jacobs one that is a perfect greige with a glossy finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh what is the name of the mj polish? <3

      Delete
    2. I will do a post on the MJ Baby Jane nail polish tomorrow with swatches and comparisons. From the looks of the picture it looks like Baby Jane is a lighter and more beige, whereas the dior is a deeper grey tone. I think Baby Jane is more like Chanel Frenzy. I found the MJ makeup at the Downtown Sephora! It just launched a couple days ago :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that's exciting! I'll go check it out when I have time to drop by haha. And yeah I agree just by looking at your post and the polish i have. In darker settings, Gris Trianon is very apparent in grey. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah I love this colour! ANything grey-brown, and I'm in!

    I've yet to own any high end nail polish, but I'm pretty sure a Dior polish would go on a billion times better than a Revlon polish. I'm afraid to try high end polishes because I know I will never look back, I don't think my purse can handle that. XD

    M.May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahah well all I can say is that I've been doing some self controlling on high end polishes. Whenever I do a high end purchase I make sure that it's not easily duped by drugstore brands so that I ensure my purchase is well worth it. Even if the drugstore comes out with a dupe later on, at least I know that I've already worn the hyped colour for a while. :P

      Delete
  3. Interesting shade! I don't own any greys except for one with lots of micro rainbow shimmer! i love what you did with the accent nail! I need a top coat with pieces of sequins like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what nail polish is that? It sounds pretty hehe <3

      Delete

Post a Comment