The Charlotte Tilbury Splurge


At this point along my makeup indulgence pathway, there hasn't been anything more exciting than the introduction and launch of Charlotte Tilbury in Vancouver last week at Holt Renfrew. FINALLY! Aside from the undeniably tempting sales such as the Target liquidation and a recent three item purchase from ELF (50% sale) I have for the most part been keeping myself tamed and have not purchased anything aside from necessities *pats self on the back*. I shouldn't call this post a splurge because I really think I deserve to give myself a little treat *continues to ramble on a justification and make more excuses* LOL Ahem...anyways, let's just move on now. There has been two products that have been on my to buy list since their release which is no doubt The Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette and the Filmstar Bronze & Glow.



I had a big debate between getting The Dolce Vita or The Vintage Vamp eyeshadow palette because these two quads had colours right up my alley. I ended up settling with The Dolce Vita because the burgundy "enhance" colour on the top right caught my attention. I may end up buying The Vintage Vamp another time but let's maintain composure here with one palette first.

The packaging is compact, sleek, feminine with a hint of cuteness with that star etched inside on the right corner of the mirror. Going in clockwise, they have numbered and labelled the four colours prime, enhance, pop, and smoke. The prime colour is a brightening, frosty golden peachy shade; the enhance colour is a rich, deep reddish-brown; the pop shade is a shimmery copper gold/brown; the smoke shade is a satin medium-dark brown with hints of gold. Overall, the eyeshadows are pigmented, finely milled, buttery, and silky in texture even the pop shade. However, the shimmery copper shade does not translate as easily to the eyelids with a brush compared to other eyeshadows in the palette and needs to be packed on to build up the intensity. A primer or cream base is highly recommended for this shade.

L-R: #1 prime, #2 enhance, #3 pop, #4 smoke

You all know I'm a bronzer fanatic so it shouldn't be a surprise that I bought this palette as well. Filmstar Bronze is a gorgeous satin medium tan with warm undertones. Filmstar Highlight is a pale champagne colour with a illuminating sheen to it. Both powders are finely milled, have medium pigmentation (which makes application easy), and very blendable. When I first saw the product in person at the counter I was almost slightly swayed away by how much shimmer flexes I saw in the pan but I'm glad I didn't back out because these two powders give your cheeks a very subtle natural glow. The shimmers aren't noticeable on the face at all. I'm so happy with my purchases and although my wallet won't like it very much, I can see myself picking up and trying out more products every now and then.


Filmstar Bronzer and Highlight

Comments

  1. Yayyyy you got them! I have both and love them, though the Filmstar Bronze & Glow moreso than the Dolce Vita. Hope you get lots of use out of the products (enough to justify the hefty cost!) and only love them more with time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i feel the same as you! But that may because I overall just gravitate towards bronzers more and don't use eyeshadow on a regular basis. I'll definitely be loving them more with time as they are really good products!

      Delete
  2. I am still contemplating on splurging. The bronze and glow is just pure beautiful. Their website is offering free shipping this month so I know sooner or later I will just have to place an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get it! The Filmstar Bronze and Glow is worth every penny and you do get quite a fair amount of product! Let me know if you end up getting anything else :D

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! So gorgeous! I'm dying over here lusting after one of those damn gorgeous quads! That's all I want from them! Have fun using both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment