Current Favourites #2

Derpina is finally done another semester of intensive school! I'm so happy I can finally enjoy the rest of my summer and for the first time I don't have anything else preventing me from enjoying the sunshine! It's been getting really hot in Vancouver right now so here are a few products that I've been enjoying lately that are quite summer-y. You might recognize a few of them from my previous hauls! :)


Milani Liquid Eye Liquid-like Eye Liner Pencil in 01 Black: This eyeliner is the bomb. I've been searching high and low for this whenever I visit drugstores but I never found a black one until one lucky day. This eyeliner is pigmented, glides on smoothly with a creamy like consistency but when it dries it will not budge. I've swatched it and tried rubbing it off under water but it barely moved or smudged. I had to use makeup remover to get it off. The only complaint I have about this eyeliner is that it's not really "retractable". You can't retract the product back inside so you need to be very careful about not twisting too much product out.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard: If you have been a long time reader for my blog you know how much I love my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach. I've decided to give this concealer a try based on how many rave reviews I've been hearing about on this and I must say....I'm not disappointed - in fact, I love it. It's creamy, it has good coverage and lasts all day. For once, I'm completely satisfied with a liquid concealer. Has this replaced my love for the Bobbi Brown Corrector? I don't think so, but it is definitely on par and up there equally with it.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat: I've been meaning to mention this top coat in my previous favourites post but totally forgot about it unfortunately. I really have to thank Lena for introducing this product to me through reading her blog posts. This top coat has literally changed my whole nail polish pampering experience. It just makes everything dry so much faster and it really prevents the nail polish from chipping too quickly. Completely in love with this!

Butter London Nail Lacquer in Jaffa: My first and only Butter London nail polish in my collection so far and I'm obsessed. I bought this on a whim seeing that it was on sale for ~$15 in London Drugs. Jaffa is a bright coral orange which is perfect for summer. I've been wearing it on my toes for a whole month now. The nail polish is opaque but still requires two coats to look perfect. It's not streaky and dries relatively quick.




Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Melon: I don't understand why this product is named "sheer" because this lippie is pigmented as heck! Sheer Melon is a very universally flattering coral/strawberry pink shade. It's also moisturizing and has a nice glossy finish (without the sticky-ness). This has been my go-to lip colour for the summer so far.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: I've been using this non-stop since I bought it a few months ago. This is such a no-brainer shimmery peachy pink blush. It gives the cheeks a nice healthy glow and natural flush. Luminoso is a universally flattering shade.

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Pink: I don't know if this blush boosts my mood but it definitely makes me happy to see a product giving my cheeks a nice pinky flush of colour. I don't usually reach for magenta pink blushes but this made an exception for me.

L-R: Milani Liquid Eye, Sonia Kashuk Sheer Melon, Milani Luminoso, Physician's Formula Pink


What are your current favourite products for the summer? :D

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're loving NARS creamy concealer - it's probably my fave! So keen to check out Milani and Sonia Kashuk on my US trip next year, the blush and lipstick are definitely on my shopping list!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you will go insane! There's so much good stuff for Milani and Sonia kashuk, I'm just a bit bummed now that Target closed down and I can't try more Sonia kashuk stuff unless I drive down to the states :S

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I've been lusting after a few of them! I would love to try that concealer from Nars, Luminoso and that retractable eyeliner! My holy grail eyeliners come from Clio, their gelpresso pencil liner which is the only thing that tends to stay in my waterline and when it fades there's no smudging or mess! Ah I totally laughed when I read 'Derpina'! Glad your semester's over for now! I have two milani baked blushes but am DYING to own Luminoso and one of the new pink shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that eyeliner from Clio sounds amazing! Too bad another asian brand that's not easily accessible for me, but I will look into getting it ahha. Which two Milani blushes do you have? So far, I only have Luminoso and I'm definitely gonna go back to get more!

      Delete
  3. Insta-Dri was the first topcoat I ever bought due to the rave reviews for it way back when, and I wasn't disappointed with it until I realised it shrinks around the nail tip area! :( But anyways, I recently bought an Essie topcoat and I prefer it much over Insta-Dri.

    Gotta say, though I've made a large dent in Luminoso (it was also a favourite back in the day), I've started to realise it doesn't look that great on my skintone :c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment