Winter Madness

Damn the holiday season for all the irresistible collections and new makeup products released. Damn that holiday spirit and mindset that tis the season to splurge and spend a ridiculous amount of money on gifts. In addition, while you're doing your Christmas shopping one must always treat yourself to a little something as well right? Problems of a shopaholic and makeup addict. Facepalm. My lovely ladies, I present to you a collective haul from December and sneak peak of upcoming posts. I apologize for the lack of posts even though I should have more time in the holidays without school work in the way, but I've been working like crazy to make up for the amount of money I've spent. Sigh.


Yves Saint Laurent: My most recent purchases from this holiday season. These two lippies are just regular lip colours from the permanent line of Rouge Volupte Shine and Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain. The shades I bought are No. 15 Corail Intuitive (Glossy Stain) and No. 7 Corail Aquatique (Rouge Volupte Shine). The packaging of these YSL lip products are to die for and is precisely the reason why I would even consider spending so much on a lip product. Although, of course, the colour must also suit me.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: The rose gold theme is too pretty to pass up. I know a lot of people are passing up on this for various reasons (similar colours, not getting much use out of previous naked palettes, expensive etc...) but in my opinion I think I'd actually get more use out of this palette than the previous ones because the pinky gold tones are more suitable for everyday wear. There's not a shade in this palette that I don't think I won't be able to wear or enjoy.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach: I don't think I need to give an explanation for this, it's my third time repurchasing.

NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette: I think there's no better description for this but "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours. That's how you know" - Christina Aguilera. I was pretty upset at myself for not getting this during the Sephora 20% VIB sale but I'm so happy I got my hands on it! I got pretty lucky that it was restocked on the Sephora website a week or two later. YAY! I've been using this every day (if not every other day) since I got it. I now completely understand the hype behind the Laguna bronzer. 

MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday Collection: A proud announcement that I finally own something from MAC I think this may be the start of another unhealthy addiction. I picked up the 2x Dare Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow Palette, Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Cockiness (sparkly rose gold), and the Matte Lipstick in Bad Girl RiRi (a neutral red brown).   


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm & Lacquer Balm: These were on sale at Superstore for $8.49 so I picked up a few, and I must say I enjoy them much more than the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I think these new ones have a better shade collection than the other ones.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polishes: These glitter polishes were released as part of the holiday collection but I returned them already. I didn't expect Midnight Glitz to have a clear base when it appears to have an opaque black base. I was also expecting it to be a nice dark emerald green with gold sparkles but I was deceived by the lighting in the drugstore. I anticipated Twinkle Toes-ty to be a beautiful glitter madness if I layered it over top of a dark base or if I use it alone but when I was testing it out, the glitters did not apply evenly over my nails. It was very hard to maneuver and I can only imagine the frustration of having to layer endlessly to get my desired result.

Maybelline Colorshow in Lavishly Lilac: My love for this polish can be seen here.

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black: I picked this eyeliner up on a whim to try because I am running low on my regular Annabelle one. There's not my expectation for this eyeliner aside for serving as an easy-to-use base for my daily eyeliner routine (I usually use a pencil eyeliner to line my eyes and then go over it with a gel eyeliner). It's not as smooth and as creamy as the Annabelle Smoothliner but it does the job okay.

Comments

  1. Lovely haul! Loving all of that rose gold stuff! I don't own any of the Naked palettes but if I were to purchase one, I think I would probably go for the 3 now! The YSL lip packaging is so luxurious. I hope one day to own one haha.

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be able to get your hands on them soon! I love them so much <3

      Delete
  2. I'm been shopping SO much this holiday season. Eeek :/ I also got the Naked 3 palette and I'm loving it so much!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i'm glad at least i'm not the only one! I don't regret buying them at all though cause they're so worth it :P

      Delete
  3. RiRi MAC? Lol, ughhh I wish I could've bought this :(

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww hahaha it's okay! I missed out on the first RiRi collection so it was a must have for me with this holiday collection!

      Delete
  4. Awesome stuff I'm completely jelly of the Naked3! I haven't got it yet and I still want the Naked2 as well! I've finally got my first two lipsticks from YSL and they really are sooo smooth and thin and moisturizing, I will definitely be going back for more! Also I haven't seen those sally hansen polishes here, they are so pretty! I guess they are perfect for glam nails! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get the naked 2 & 3, I'm sure you'll love them!! I haven't worn the YSL lipsticks but I'm really excited to! I think I'll be hooked with their lippies after this which is so baddd lol.

      Delete
  5. You got that NARS palette! Yay! Got that guilt settled :P Still waiting on the new Revlon matte & lacquer balms to be released in Australia... D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yess!!!! I feel much better now LOL. I'm sure the Revlon matte and lacquer balms will come soon! I like them a lot :)

      Delete
  6. oooh, I so want to get the NARS palette sooon ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twinkle Toes-ty looks so eye-catching in the bottle, shame it was hard to work with! I am patiently waiting for Naked3 to come back in stock on websites that offer free international delivery (though it is on Beauty Bay, but for a ludicrous $82 Australian dollars). The NARS cheek palette is utterly gorgeous - I'm sure you'll get tonnes of wear out of it. I'm glad you're seeing the light with Laguna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The naked 3's colors are so beautiful ! In France it sold out everywhere ... I have to wait February to get my hand on it !

    With love <3

    http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment