New Holiday Favourite

I was on a stroll during my break from work and I didn't expect anything when I walked into the drugstore; I just wanted to kill some time after running a few errands. After buying The Twenty Two by Formula X I keep telling myself that I don't need to buy anymore nail polish - especially when I haven't even worn half of those minis yet (I actually only wore two of those polishes....) but when I saw Maybelline's new holiday collection (Brocades) my jaw dropped. I struggled and caved. I wasn't even sure if these Color Show nail polishes were any good but the little thing just looked too damn gorgeous to pass up and I don't regret it one bit. I may even consider going back to pick up one or two more and perhaps a back up of Lavishly Lilac.




Maybelline Lavishly Lilac is a phenomenal festive glitter polish. It is opaque in two coats and goes on streak free. It has larger hexgonal purple glitters with small purple, magenta, and turquoise glitter specs on a gold-silver shimmer base. All of these different coloured glitters put together gives this polish a multi-dimensional look and a duochrome looking effect. Under different angles, the glitters reflect off the light giving different colours. At times you will see it as a gold polish with purple glitters, other times a silver polish or as seen in the pictures above, an all over purple glitter polish. It's absolutely stunning and you can never capture a picture that is enough to give it justice. I swear, don't walk....run to get these limited edition polishes.

Comments

  1. The colour is gorrrrgeous! The fact that you're considering on buying backups is showing how much you like it haha might just have to head in store and see how itll look against my skintone :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS, I love it so much! haha I'm sure it'll look great on you too! Go go go go~:D

      Delete
  2. This polish looks amazing! I've seen this glitter-on-shimmer finish popping up quite a bit! Hopefully this comes to Aus soon (if it's not already here?)!

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love glitter polishes like these and I was amazed at how dense and opaque it went on! I hope you can find some soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the multicoloured glitter and how dense this polish is! I can imagine it would be positively dazzling in the sunlight. I need the Brocade collection to launch here stat! I have my eye on the Gilded Rose shade ... it must be mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glided Rose was one of the shades I had been eyeing too but when I was at the drugstore it was sold out already so I guess I'll have to go look else where for that one. Haha yes. You must have one! I'm sure you'll love this a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment