The Ultimate Procrastinator: Catwoman


This year's Halloween was unplanned and extremely last minute. Yes, even this blog post lol. I wasn't actually sure if I'd even end up doing anything for Halloween because of all the papers and midterms I had. Somehow, I managed to pull everything off and things worked out! Hooray for being free from exams! YAY! Well...for now. Anyways, I went to a clubbing party on Saturday and the theme was superheros. What was the easiest costume to make last minute? Catwoman! I went to the dollar store and bought headbands and felt material. I did panic a little though, because I couldn't find any black elastic for tying the mask around my head but luckily I found a piece of black string lying around my house. What ended up happening was that I cut a small hole in the felt material and then slid the string through; on the inside of the mask I tied the end of the string into a knot so it can be secured to the mask. The only downfall to my DIY I would say is the mask, I didn't have enough black felt to cut two masks out - one as the lining, the other as the front. My mask was way to thin; so when I tied it around my face I had to be careful not to pull it too much otherwise it would stretch and lose the shape. Funny thing - I didn't have glue so I used double sided tape to put everything together. Halloween is where creativity is born.




Catwoman's makeup is simple and sophisticated. I shopped my stash and found Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow quad in Chai Latte. I used the light matte brown colour as my crease for definition; the dark matte brown in the outer corner and faded it inwards into the crease to create a subtle smoke. I also smudged the same colour on my lower lash line. I then lined my waterline with my YSL Eye Pencil in black. Eyeliner and false lashes for the upper lash line is a must and part of the usual routine. Don't forget to do a winged eyeliner to create the cat eyes effect! For face, I applied my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation and powdered off with Ben Nye Banana Powder. This was a big mistake on my end though, my face turned out ghostly white in flash photography because I forgot that Banana Powder was suppose to give you a highlighting and brightening effect.....sigh. Please remember not to make the same mistake and stick to a good ol' trusty setting powder. With that aside, finish your look by lining your lips with a red lip liner and then go over with a matching red lipstick and you're done! 

Happy Halloween Everyone! Meow!~

Products Used:

Face
  • Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation in 30 Beige
  • Ben Nye Banana Powder
  • NYC Bronzer in Sunny
  • Ben Nye Fashion Rouge Palette Vintage Rose (blush)
Eyes
  • Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
  • Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow quad in Chai Latte
  • Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner
  • YSL Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black
  • False Eyelashes in #747S (no brand from IMATS)
Lips
  • NYX Lip Liner Pencil in Hot Red
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in Kiss of Life

Comments

  1. Excellent creativity in making that mask last minute! :) You make a convincing and sultry Catwoman :p I wish the Chai Latte quad were available here - the colours look right up my alley. Ghostly white complexion would only be appropriate for Catwoman anyway - just say it was intentional! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha aww thank you! It's stupid how not all the products are available everywhere particularly for an international drugstore brand. If you want I can send one to you!

      Right now I'm just hoping no one even noticed the white complexion and flatness of my face in the photos lol. But saying it was intentional works too hahaha :P

      Delete

Post a Comment