Fall Haul


As fall rolled it's way in I realized that this year I actually needed to add on or change up my skincare routine a little bit. I had always been a combination to oily skin kind of girl throughout the whole year, but this year is out of the ordinary for me. My skin is really dry in the mornings and especially after shower so I picked up a new toner and daytime moisturizer from Sothys. I had always wanted to get the full size of the Hydra-Matt Fluid since I tried the sample. I like how it's moisturizing but keeps my oil at bay throughout the whole day. My mom and I bought the Lotion Vitalite on a whim cause it was on special and came as a duo with the milk cleanser. I have yet to form an opinion on the toner because I haven't used it enough. But my mom is liking the grapefruit scent and how refreshing it feels on the skin. I have La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo based on the hype but I'm not sure if it lives up to the claim for me. I think I need to use it more to form a stronger opinion on it. Clean & Clear Oil-Free Makeup Remover has always been a favourite of mine. This is the same as the Neutrogena and Target version so I use these interchangeably depending on which one is on sale or cheaper.


L-R: Berry Smoothie, Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya

I know I'm really late to jumping on the bandwagon and getting Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe, but it just so happens that every time I decide that it's okay to be robbed $20 for a nail polish at the counter it is sold out! But this time, I finally got my hands on it. We are meant to be! To my discovery, Sephora now carry Deborah Lippmann polishes with some exclusive polishes as well. Walking into Sephora is now more dangerous than before. The Beauty Advisor also convinced me to buy an expensive base and top coat. My nails are slitting and Hard Rock claims to have biotin in it which helps your nails grow. I am crossing fingers that this will help me fix the problem.

My spontaneous stop at the drugstore also gave me no reason to leave empty handed. The Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks were on sale so I had to pick up a few shades and I love all of them. Berry Smoothie is a nice fall colour that isn't over the top. Pink Lemonade is a light blue based pink but is somehow flattering on my skintone. The only thing is that I wish it was a tad more pigmented. Juicy Papaya is as the name suggests. A nice light coral shade that is like the papaya. 



This is a bit sad, but I actually haven't bought a lot of new clothes in a long time. The only additional pieces I did buy within the past couple of weeks and even in this haul were all for work so it doesn't really count. The exception here is the leather circle skirt which I am totally head over heels for (H&M). The black tee is 50% off (only $7) and I like how there are some nice details to it which makes my work outfit less boring when it's an all black outfit. The other top that I bought but did not feature here is just plain black long sleeve from Forever 21 and it was only $5.80! So cheap! I think I'm gonna go back and pick up one or two more as back ups.

What have you ladies bought for fall/winter?

Comments

  1. I have never heard of Sothys?! Review pls :)
    Berry Smoothie is such a flattering colour, and that black tee was a good purchase- definitely does spice things up a bit :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sothys is a french brand that is not as easy to find and I think it is targeted more towards older woman and on the higher end spectrum. I have yet to do any actual research though, I just saw it in the store that I usually go get my skincare from and that's how I was introduced to it! I'll definitely do a review soon :)

      Delete
  2. Cute clothing pieces! I can see both being very versatile - hopefully you'll get plenty of wear from them :) I've never tried a Deborah Lippmann polish (I refuse to spend over $20 for a bottle of nail polish) but they do make some glorious colours. Across the Universe is so similar to Essence Blue Addicted and Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale though. I am waiting patiently for a really good sale so I can snap up Juicy Papaya! :) Pink Lemonade looks super pretty but I'm not sure if it's too light for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never find the alternative dupes you have mentioned in my local drugstores! Ugh, but oh well I'm still really happy about it even though it is very expensive. It is definitely a splurge for me. I think you'll love Juicy Papaya, I hope you get it soon hehe. Pink Lemonade is light but I think the sheerness is what makes it work (at least for me anyways)!

      Delete
  3. Love your freaking outfit! I too recently got a similar skirt from BOOHOO.com, they have amazing basic dresses and blouses and grungy punkish style of clothes and shoes! Mostly all very affordable! I've bought back up of my fave lip butter in berry smoothie and that DL polish is defo on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! hehehe ooo I might go check out that website! I love berry smoothie, the colour is so flattering and versatile! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment