Real Techniques & Keeping in Touch


Hi everyone! Just a reminder, Google Reader will be taken down starting July 1st (which is in a few days!) so I will be using Bloglovin' since it's easy to use and great for organizing all the blogs I follow into separate categories. Follow me on there so we can keep in touch! If I haven't followed you yet please link your bloglovin' to me. Now with that aside, it's time for Real Techniques! 

I got this set last winter and I remember going to two different London Drugs just to hunt them down lol. There are only three sets available: the Core Collection, Starter Set, and Travel Essentials ($20 each). I knew I didn't need the Starter Set because I have enough eye brushes....for now ahaha. I was torn between the Multi-task brush from the Travel Essentials and the Buffing brush from the Core Collection. I chose the latter because the day I picked it up was when I realized I forgot to bring my own brushes to do my makeup for my birthday. Yes, my birthday..... so I needed the extra brushes to do the work properly and they did. I was impressed at first touch, the bristles were soft and the brushes were well made. Not a single hair shed when I pulled them out of the packaging.



Buffing Brush: the brush that caught my undivided attention to this set because I foresaw so many different ways I could use it. Except, I only use it for one purpose - contouring. LOL ironic, I know. But in my defense I did use it for a quite a few different things on my birthday (buffing liquid foundation, setting powder, and contour/bronzer) and it did the jobs very well. I absolutely love this brush.

Detailer Brush: on the packaging, it says that this brush can be used for concealing or applying lip products but I say it's only good for the latter. This brush is simply too stiff and small for concealing. I guess it would be great for small imperfections but the fact that the bristles are so short and stiff makes the application very difficult and unappealing to the skin. It feels as though I'm poking and irritating my skin rather than covering up my problems.  

Pointed Foundation Brush: This is my least favourite brush from the Core Collection. It is simply too small and too stiff for applying foundation. It now just sits in my collection because I haven't found a purpose for it. To be fair though, the pointed tip is great for getting around corners and hard to reach areas on the face such as the sides of the noise. However, most traditionally shaped foundation brushes are shaped in a pointed shape so it's nothing special. I think if this brush was softer I'd at least try to find other uses for this brush.

Contour Brush: my other favourite in this collection. I find this to be the perfect brush for applying cream blushes. It is easy to control the amount of product you put on your face and it gives you a natural finish. I always had a hard time blending cream blushes with my fingers or I often find myself applying too much product. This brush just made life a whole lot easier and now I use my cream  blushes much more often! 
......

Final Verdict: I now understand the whole hype about these Real Techniques brushes and I absolutely agree that they are amazing to use. The prices are also unbelievably affordable for such great brushes! However, there is a miss in the Core Collection for me and that is the Pointed Foundation Brush. Unless I find other uses for it, it'll just be collecting dust. I'm also not sure if I want to get the Travel Essentials set because the foundation brush will be a duplicate in there. I must admit though....the Multi-task Brush and Domed-Shadow Brush is very very tempting....hmmm....

Comments

  1. I bought this set just for the buffing and contour brush which are amazing! The detailer brush is also good for blemishes or as a lip brush. Like you, I really haven't found a use for the pointed foundation brush :/ I wish it were denser and bigger like a traditional paint brush style brush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a lot of us have the same problem with the pointed foundation brush haha I think I need to play around with it to see if I can figure out a way to make that brush work! :P

      Delete
  2. I purchased the core collection for the contour brush and the buffing brush in particular haha I have yet to start using the other two. Although from the RT brush range, I find myself using the expert face brush & the blush brush on a daily basis! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish more Real Techniques brushes are sold where I live. I heard so much good things about the expert face brush and the blush brush!! So jealous! haha XD

      Delete
  3. I can't live without the buffing brush! I use the detailer brush mainly for inner corner highlight, though I've never tried it for concealer or as a lip brush. I never use the pointed foundation brush either haha! Love the contour brush - so handy for a multitude of uses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot that detail brush could be used for inner corner highlight! Good idea! :D

      Delete
  4. You should try the Expert Face Brush! It's amazing for applying foundation, it's one of my favourite! I also love the Contour Brush as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get the chance I definitely will! I've heard so many good things about that brush! Too bad they only sell three sets where I live, they don't sell individual brushes :(

      Delete
  5. I love the buffing brush for foundation - never tried it for contouring! I use the contour brush for contour and highlight, haha. I really dislike the pointed foundation brush too, it's way too small!

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you should try it for contouring, I like how the size fits perfectly for my face when I contour and it's easy to blend. I find the I use the contour brush a little to concentrated and I'm afraid it'll put too much product in one area. I also use the contour brush for highlighting , but I don't highlight often that's why I use it for cream blushes. :D

      Delete
  6. lovely post and photos ! love the real techniques brushes!!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment