Azure

I finally got around to painting my nails Azure again....or more like I finally had the time to paint my nails. I've let my nails become incredibly disgusting because I had no time and was even too lazy to use nail polish remover to take off the previous nail colour (Bel-Argus). All my nails chipped to the point where any one would look at it and cringe. Yuck. :( Anyways, story aside, I am ready to rave about Azure. 

If you don't know already, greens and turquoises are my favourite colours. When I first saw the release of the Chanel Summer Collection, I fell head over heels. The swatches I saw online of Azure confirmed that I needed it in my collection. Azure is a beautiful metallic turquoise polish with blue and purple undertones that are visible in the bottle. Like Bel-Argus, it is opaque in two coats. On camera, Azure looks blue but in real life the polish is definitely a turquoise leaning on the green spectrum. The metallic finish of the polish makes it very hard for the camera to capture its true colour. At first glance, I was slightly disappointed with the duochrome finish. I wasn't even sure if I would describe Azure as a duochrome because the colour doesn't have much variation after inspecting it 360 degrees every so often. But then I discovered that when I moved from outdoors to indoors or vice versa (or wherever the tone of light changes and hits the polish) the shade of turquoise is different. That itself lifted my spirits back up. I also find it mesmerizing to stare at Azure when I'm under natural sunlight, the nail polish glistens and sparkles beautifully. Absolutely, in love.




indoor natural lighting

indoor artificial lighting
*I'll update this post again once I get a chance to take a picture with outdoor lighting* :)

Comments

  1. the color look pretty and elegant ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely freaking gorg!! Im such a lover of shades like this that I'd die if I got this as a present...I guess either Im going to have to try hinting at someone or I'll just walk into them and get it myself! Awesome shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yeaahhh when I got this, I unconsciously made a big hint to my bf and the next time we were near a counter he asked me to show him what I was drooling all over and he bought it for me LOL <3 Even if not though, I'd definitely pick this up myself! :P

      Delete
  3. I love those kinds of polishes that change depending on the light! Your love of turquoise and greens reminded me of the Tom Ford Enchanted palette (or its cheaper cousin, Wet n Wild Blue Had Me at Hello) for some reason :p I swatched Chanel Taboo on my nails the other night and omg it was so gorgeous. Too bad Chanel polishes are like $50 here or something :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it does remind me of those eyeshadow palette shades! It's so pretty! oooohh Chanel Taboo looks amazing! Holy moly, $50 is so expensive! :( and I thought $36 was a splurge for me already lol....

      Delete

Post a Comment