A Guilty Pleasure

Yes. I have a serious problem. There's something about neutrals that I can never get enough of. Even though I already own many palettes with a wide range of shades, the slight differences within the neutral spectrum makes all the difference and enough for me to buy more. Now, top that off with the raves from other bloggers and makeup addicts and I'm sold. I've heard so many good things about The Balm's Nude'tude palette but I resisted for the longest time because I know I have more than enough neutral eyeshadows already. I also wasn't sure if I was able to justify the price. Then on second thought, if I bought the Benefit Most Glamourous Nudes Ever for $36 which only consisted of four eyeshadows and two cream eyeshadows... $36 for a palette that carries twelve shades actually has even better value. Hellooo checkout.



Although Nude'tude is another neutral palette and the colours don't appear to be exciting, they are unique to themselves. None of these shades are dupes or overlapping with the popular Urban Decay Naked Palettes nor are the colours similar to the Benefit palette and drugstore quads I own. I think the closest shades by comparison would be Sin from the original Naked palette and Stand-offish from The Balm (but even then, the differences are noticeable). These eyeshadows are extremely soft, velvety, smooth and most importantly, very pigmented. I'm also especially pleased that they stay on my relatively greasy lids on a night out without an eyeshadow primer. The only eyeshadow that I have a slight issue with is Silly. The eyeshadow is sheerer, less soft and goes on less pigmented than the other eyeshadows. This one requires an extra little "oomph" on the lids (go over your lids with an extra layer if you want it to be more intense) otherwise, the eyeshadows in the palette are of good quality.



L-R: Sassy, Snobby, Stubborn, Stand-offish, Selfish, Sultry

L-R: Sophisticated, Seductive, Sexy, Silly, Serious, Sleek


Final verdict:  Guilty pleasure justified. If you love neutrals you should go get this palette regardless of whether you have a ton of neutrals like I do. The colours in Nude'tude are significantly different from the Naked Palettes so you have no worries that there will be overlap. Also, this palette has a larger variation in colours compared to the Naked Palettes. So if you don't like warm toned neutrals and if you are on a budget, this palette would be a good choice.

Comments

  1. Umm...I think I need this now. I think there's two versions of this palette or something? I love the look of nearly all the shades from your swatches and I'm, like you, such a neutral fiend :( I chuckled to myself at your justification for buying it when comparing it to the Benefit set. What usually happens with me is that I buy both eventually :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is slightly different. In another version the packaging has ladies behind the eyeshadows where as this one is plain and less sexy lol. But overall, the shades are the same. Hahaha you should get this one! I'm pretty sure you'll like it a lot too. :P

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously considering getting this since I passed on Naked 1- I'm pretty happy with Naked 2 but this is so pretty and the shadows are so pigmented! It retails for $50 here which is pricey but reasonable considering the Stila palettes are $62. Ugh, this is daylight robbery. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much is the Naked 1 in Australia? I can't believe this is so expensive at where you live! Definitely daylight robbery lol. I feel like a cheap ass now cause I was debating on whether to get this for only $36 lol. I'm sure you'll love this palette if you get it! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a sucker for neutral shades and this palette has such beautiful eyeshadows! Love the way how you convince yourself that the palette is worth buying too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I have a lot of excuses to purchase makeup hahaha XD

      Delete

Post a Comment