Once You Start Touching, You Can't Go Back

One of the worst ideas that I come up with when I need to kill a bit of time is walking into the drugstore thinking that I'll only browse for 10 minutes, and then walk out and be on my way to wherever I need to go, emptied handed. Uhmm...yea no. lol. And of course, when you spot those flashy red sale tags on products you've been eyeing for the longest time, you know things are settled and no explanations are needed. Every purchase is now justified.


Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama mascara (waterproof) - $4.93 (original price ~$8.99). Honestly I don't even know how many tubes of The Falsies I've gone through. I know mascaras are a controversial product but this one works well for the necessities of my pathetic short stick straight asian lashes. The new mascaras that have come out on the market recently haven't really sparked my interest to make a change  from my usual to try it out.

Revlon Lip Butters - $6.97 (original price ~$9.99+). The two other shades that I've been eyeing for a while from the Lip Butters line is Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait. From swatches, I really envy other girls with less pigmented lips....I really wanted to like Peach Parfait but unfortunately it just appears to be a splash of glitter particles on my lips that aren't something I'm too fond of for lipsticks. It's not too bad because from afar it looks like gloss but it's an paranoia and annoyance if I know lol. As for Tutti Frutti, it's all within good expectations - a cute pigmented and bright coral/orange shade. I also considered getting Lollipop or a red one but I didn't know which one to pick (Red Velvet, Cherry Tart or Candy Apple) - suggestions anyone? :P

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone - $3.99. This is not on sale but why would you need one? The original price is already a bargain! Initially, when this first came out I decided not to get it because I thought I didn't *need* it. But being a total sucker to reading a lot of your guys's beauty blogs and the incredibly convincing posts from Sleepandwater and Cherie I caved in when I saw it on the shelf. The shade that I find most unique and eye catching is the definer shade in the bottom right column; the duochrome effect is something I just drool all over for since it's not commonly seen. The eyeshadows are pigmented, soft and buttery as expected since I own two other (older) color icon palettes.





Comments

  1. I actually quite like Peach Parfait! It's a good every day colour since I don't mind the shimmer. I have Cherry Tart as well - it's a nice cream blue-based red. I think Red Velvet is darker and Candy Apple might have a different undertone?

    I keep saying to myself that I don't need the Comfort Zone palette but now I feel a little excluded, aha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll just need to get used to the shimmer, it's not bad though I'll try to get it work on me somehow :P I just looked at some swatches and Candy Apple appears to be more of a red orange. I think I'll either go for Cherry tart or Red velvet :P

      Delete
  2. For those Wet n wild palette I always check them out but I never pick them up, I own four of the color icon shadow and that's it. Every time after I look at those color very closely, I decide not to get it. I don't know why. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it took me so long just to get Comfort zone as well! Every time I go to the store, I stare at it but decide not to purchase until I read the girls' posts. Hehehe, thanks, glad you like this post! :)

      Delete
  3. Your post totally inspired me to dig out my Comfort Zone palette and use it today! :p I find the second Definer shade a bit crumbly ... in that when I put my brush into the pan, I had to tap off quite a bit of excess. But I can't fault the pigmentation and they were easy to blend, despite how much fallout I experienced. Peach Parfait is overly glittery, and when I put more than a layer on, I find it too dark to be completely flattering. Tutti Frutti is a great summery shade though. I've not tried The Falsies but I have heard so many mixed reviews about it! I really like Maybelline mascaras generally, so one day hopefully I'll be able to try it out and form my own opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! lol Hmmm...I haven't tried the definer shades on my eyelids yet but as long as they are pigmented and easy to blend I can live with the fall out :P The colour for Peach Parfait doesn't really affect me because all I see is shimmer on the lips. It kind of looks like I put gloss on without the stickyness which may turn into a pro for me...but it's still a bit early to say so since I'm not a fan of glitter in lipsticks. We'll see. I hope you do try out the falsies - i'll be happy to read your thoughts on them!

      Delete
  4. I know exactly what you mean by just "browsing" for a couple minutes. Every time I grocery shop, a stop at the make-up isle is a must and there ALWAYS seem to be something I have to pick up. The Maybelline falsies mascara is like my holy grail! I love it so much more than most of the higher end brands I've tried before. You should check out Shoppers Drug Mart too! I heard they're selling Revlon Lip butters for a buy one get one free deal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've tried a lot of mascaras and I prefer the falsies over the high end ones. OMG! I hope the sale is still going on at shoppers then! I'll go check it out asap haha.

      Delete
  5. Hi hun! Just discovered your blog :) Love it! Following now! Please check mine out when you can

    xo

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm now following you! Love your blog too :)

      Delete
  6. darn those red tags! i can't resist a good sale, either!

    i have cherry tart...it's not red red, but then again, i don't apply heavy. this is probably not the best picture because it has instagram filters on it, but you can kind of see that it's not super dark:
    http://instagram.com/p/R64R_vhHBt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know how you feel girl! i bought the peach parfait too but ended up returning it since it never showed up on my lips :( you should really try pink truffle! it is pigmented enough to show up on your lips. its like a "your lips but better" shade :D also, where is the sale on the mascara?!?! i just bought one at regular price =="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OoOoOO I'll look into pink truffle then! I bought all of these at Superstore! Gogogogooo!! haha if you can, just return it and get it for cheaper :P

      Delete

Post a Comment