Little Miss Classy

Since I have been able to successfully convince my wallet conscience to purchasing a high end foundation as an investment piece, I decided I might as well go up another notch. If I was able to fish out $55 at Sephora for NARS, I figured a Chanel foundation wouldn't be too ridiculously off the spectrum...so off I went to the Chanel counter and I was pleasantly surprised. I expected Chanel's Perfection Lumiere to cost a couple dollars more but it turns out to be the exact same amount as NARS Sheer Matte AND it comes with a really nice pump.

**will update the post with more pics later when i get the chance to snap a few demos (sorry guys, I've been too busy to cam whore LOL jk - Anyways, truth is...by the time I get home there's no lighting to get good pictures. So bear with me! Sorry my lovelies <3)


Chanel Perfection Lumiere is suppose to come with SPF 10 but for some reason my bottle has a black sticker covering the imprint. I'm not sure if it's because it no longer provides SPF or if there's a mistake...? It's not a big deal for me but I just find that a bit odd. Anyways, moving on to the promises and claims:
Perfection Lumiere controls every detail of a perfect complexion. Its invisible yet perfect correction of all types of imperfections and it's "multi-faceted" radiance, colour, comfort and matte finish create a perfect complexion. Universal shades, an easy application, a light texture that glides on seamlessly, adjustable coverage: perfection has never been so simple.
Perfection Lumiere is also oil free and dermatologically tested. Longevity is claimed to last for 15hrs.


Texture & Finish: My colour is 30 Beige and it matches/blends into my skin perfectly. The foundation is light weight and has a creamy feel that quickly dries to a soft velvety powder texture. Perfection Lumiere has a matte yet natural looking finish which I am very pleased about (because my skin still looks like skin!). Usually matte foundations can make your face look dull and flat but this foundation still provides you a nice radiant look (not dewy).

Coverage: buildable from medium to full and evens out the skin tone very well.

Lasting Power: I'm also impressed by the lasting power of this foundation and how it looks by the end of the day. As time goes on, I find that my skin looks more and more natural and luminous. I'm happy that my face becomes luminous but not oily or greasy looking (*ahem* NARS Sheer Matte). However, after about 10 hrs or so without a primer, my forehead did get a little shiny and not just "luminous" anymore. But with a primer, this definitely lasts longer than 10 hours. Also, some people have said that they can go on the day without a setting powder, I think it's plausible but I still prefer setting it so it lasts as long as it potentially can.

Flaws: it has a tendency to accentuate dry spots without a moisturizing primer on my combination skin. So for those of you who have dry skin remember to moisturize or use a primer!

Final Verdict: Overall, If you're willing to pay the price for an investment I highly recommend this foundation. There's nearly nothing bad I can say about this product aside from the price and potential dryness effect. What I'm most impressed about with Perfection Lumiere is the finish and how well the foundation wears throughout the day. It's so hard to find a foundation that can give you good coverage without making you look like a fake cake paste (which is one of my biggest pet peeves and the reason why I don't like using foundation)!

Comments

  1. Very nice! It's good to know that you like this foundation, I'm saving up for this one. Now, I'm totally convinced :)

    -elgee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's a really nice foundation, the price is worth it. Let me know what you think when you buy yours! I hope you like it as much as I do :D

      Delete
  2. I definitely have to give this one a try! I've heard so many great reviews about it too and the packaging is so adorable so that's a plus hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging as well and the pump is really nice, it's easy to control the amount of product you want to use. You should definitely try it!

      Delete
  3. :O So finally you bought this one!! hope this would work better than the Nars one!!!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES FINALLY HAHA. Still trying it out more, but it's definitely SO much better than the Nars one!! :D

      Delete
  4. Lol that black sticker is so bizarre! :p It looks kind of ... unprofessional? But at least the product itself was a winner for you :) It's amazing how difficult it can be to find the "perfect" foundation - if one even exists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I don't like the black sticker on my bottle! It just kinda ruined the whole cute and classy packaging lol. I love this foundation, but definitely still not the "perfect" foundation in my books. I'm fine with the longevity but it's not as long as I'd hope it'd last. It's okay though I still like this a lot. :)

      Delete
  5. That black sticker is odd. You should write to customer service about it.
    I've been wanting to get this foundation, and from your review I can tell it's worth the money.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I should go back and ask them, too lazy to write to costumer service though cause I've been too busy with writing academic stuff haha. If you try this, definitely let me know what you think! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review, it seems like this a really an investment make up product that is amazing. I think I'd get around to checking this out sometime after my pay. I'd love to have a foundation I can depend on to be flawless when needed! 10 hours sounds awesome, I sweat a lot so I hope it can do at least 8 on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you try it out! I hope you'll like it too! :)

      Delete
  7. maybe there was a fault in the production of the packaging, and the words hadn't been etched in yet? hence the black sticker? hahaha i don't know,
    tried the same of this beauty, loved it except for what you mentioned the dry spot spotlighting! :/
    great post nonetheless (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually peeled off the sticker and the SPF is on there, so I have no idea why they put one over top. Maybe no more SPF? but that seems unlikely. Yeaaa, the dry spot can be a little annoying sometimes but nothing a moisturizer can't fix :P Happy that you love this like I do! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment