Current Favourites #3: Travel Edition


If you follow me on instagram, you know that I'm currently suffering from a pretty bad diagnosis called "Vegas Withdrawals" haha. It was only a short 4 days and 3 nights but I miss it so much. Unfortunately, there's no rehab that could help and just thinking of it sparked some inspiration in me to do a post on some of the things that I probably could not have done without on this trip to the desert with my girls. I contemplated on writing about "what's in my travel makeup bag" or "my travel essentials" but decided that a lot of products are repetitive and things I use on a regular basis that I've mentioned many times before so I just chose the new standouts.
......

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: Ever since I bought this palette I've been using it every day so bringing it with me on my trip was a given. Both the bronzer and highlighter are absolutely amazing. They also last all day in the desert heat and gives your face a natural sculpt and glow.

H&M Sunnies: Completely reflective which is good when your girlfriends need to check themselves out or make sure their makeup is still on point at the pool party. Cheap and keeps my vampire light sensitive eyes in comfort. Oh yep, I'm saying hi in the reflection :P

H&M Earrings: Being a such a short trip, you want to pack light and have minimal amount of accessories so having one stand out piece is enough. I also don't wear it as a pair since that would be too much bling.

E.L.F Studio Cream Eyeliner: Smudge proof, budge proof and water resistant. I bought this eyeliner on a whim because my other cream eyeliners have been starting to dry out. To my pleasant surprise this cream eyeliner has performed much better than I had expected and lived up to its own claims.

Sofina Jenne Oil Control Mousse: This made it to my Best in Beauty of 2014. Check it here.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream: The 4 days I've been in Vegas, I turned chocolate brown and have tan lines. Sunscreen is a must and this has SPF 50+, out of all sunscreens I've tried I particularly enjoy this one since it doesn't have that scent and it's also water resistant for 80 minutes.

Ever New Wristlet Wallet: So glad I bought this because it can also hold my phone inside and could act as a perfect little clutch to match different outfits.



Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister: I never really believed in these kinds of mascaras with a comb shaped wand, but this mascara is the bomb! The fibers really help lengthen all my lashes and the comb is able to separate and get lashes that are harder to coat. This mascara formula lasts all day even in the scorching desert heat but this also makes it very difficult to remove at the end of the day.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat:  I only had one blush with me on the trip and it was this. Diffused Heat is a really pretty warm medium strawberry pink with subtle sparkle that is very versatile. The colour lasts all day on my cheeks, pigmentation is good and the texture of the powder is very soft. Is anyone else also currently lusting after the limited edition holiday 2015 palette? *_* sigh.


Comments

  1. I have heard good things about Shiseido sunscreens (or products with sunscreen in them) - I really want to check them out further! When I was in Vegas I just used an el cheapo Nivea sunscreen :p I have that Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister mascara but it doesn't work well for me sadly. The fibre bits tend to irritate my eyes and I struggle to achieve any kind of volume or length with it :( But I'm glad that you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually when I use the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister mascara, I layer it over Maybelline's The Falsie's mascara and it works perfectly together to get the length and volume that I'm after. I find that using it alone, it's still very hard to grasp every lash when there are so many fibers on the brush. So that might help a bit, but irritation wise then I'm not too sure if u're more sensitive to it :S

      Delete
  2. (Just followed you on IG and HOLY CRAP YOU'RE PRETTY) But a 4 day States trip?? THAT'S BARELY ANYTHING :(
    Was wondering where those earrings (they kinda look like cuffs?) were from since they are hella gorgeous and I'm glad they're from H&M because I'll feel less bad for my wallet if I bought them L O L (I hope I can still find them? BECAUSE THEY LOOK KINDA EDGY IN AN ELEGANT WAY)

    And hah--that's the thing with ELF--it's either really really good, or either really really shit. And as for the Hourglass palette, it's actually quite small and I know a lot of people are disappointed because it's so expensive for the amount of product you get :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW you are too sweet Vanessa!! haha :$ If I had 4 whole days it would have been totally okay, but it was more so of 2.5 days cus we arrived at 4 pm on a thursday and left early sunday morning. But i was so tired and exhausted from the trip because we partied day in and day out LOL. It was so fun though.

      The earrings aren't expensive at all, they're only $12.99 and I still see them in stock but not the green ones, they only have the silver/white ones now. But even then....super gorgeous! You should totally get your hands on them. :D

      Wow...the palette looked like a good deal though I didn't realize it was small...do you know when they will be in stores? It's really hard to tell online how big or small it is by the photos and reading numbers on how many grams are in there isn't helpful since I'm a very visual type of person ahah.

      Delete

Post a Comment