Mini-Me & Big-Me


During the Christmas season, ELF was having a 50% off sale on their entire website (as if their regular prices weren't cheap/affordable enough). Who in the right mind of a makeup addict like me could resist the temptation? No one. duuhh. I picked up this ELF Small Stipple Brush because I had heard how great it was for cream products from Emily of Beauty Broadcast on Youtube. When I buy things based from her recommendations, 99.99% I never go wrong; this was no exception either. I had finally found the right tool to revive my cream blushes in my collection. 


The Small Stipple Brush is small but a good size and the synthetic bristles are soft. It's not extremely dense  (but not too sparse either) so it gives the brush flexibility for blending and maneuvering. A long while back before they came out with this small stippling brush, I settled in buying the original/regular sized one. I tried using it for my cream brushes but the bristles were just too sparse and flimsy making the application difficult and hard to control an even placement of any liquid or cream product. Personally, I think the original/regular stippling brush is only good for blending out product that you have already applied. Overall, I'm just so happy I got my hands on this small stipple brush because not having the right tool for my cream blushes just left them sitting in my collection untouched. Not that you can't use your hands to apply and blend away, but I personally just don't do it because of two reasons. First, using my hands just takes longer than using the brush to blend. Second, I don't like making my hands dirty while I have 6 other things I need to apply to my face in my routine.

 Small Stipple Brush vs. Stipple Brush

Comments

  1. Freaking great! I only have a large stippling blush from zoeva for my bases but I totally could use a mini one for blushes in the future! I however own almost no cream blushes but I would love to get a few recommended ones I've seen around now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm usually hesitant about cream blushes but now this mini stippling brush is now gonna let me expand my collection of cream blushes. :P

      Delete
  2. Yes! Emily raves about this all the time! It really does sound great for applying cream products. I use the Real Techniques one which works super well. The bristles are relatively short so it's not flimsy at all!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which brush do you specifically use from Real Techniques? I love their brushes as well!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this brush from ELF but it looks super handy! I don't think there are many small stippling brushes out there, whether drugstore or higher end. I agree that finding the right tools to apply makeup can really make all the difference and encourage us to use previously overlooked/neglected products. It's all in the trial and error since different tools might work brilliantly for different products - you never quite know until you try! Glad that you weren't disappointed with this recommendation, especially since it was so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess this little one works wonders for me and I'm so glad I got it. It was only $1.50!!

      Delete

Post a Comment