The Lipstick Tag


I am back. I am still alive. This tag is two months late - wait no, ohmygosh...three months. I have overworked myself and maximized my limits this semester. Never again will I do four courses, two jobs, and volunteer again. I apologize for the great MIA so let's cut the crap and get into it. Thank you sleepandwater and twoplicates for tagging me (if you haven't already, be sure to check out their responses to this fun tag here and here)! Also, I will be catching up on everyone's blog posts this week. I miss you all so much! <3
......
1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I own 32 tubes of lipsticks. In this count, I have also included a few mini sample sized lipsticks. I personally feel that this is a modest collection, it's not particularly lacking but it definitely has more room for growth.

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
The first lipstick I've bought myself would be Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 210 Fancy. I remember browsing at the drugstore excitedly trying to pick out a lipstick and not having any clue what I wanted but knew I just had to go home with one. I ended up picking Fancy because it is a light sheer pink with small silver sparkles. Rimmel Moisture Renew collection at the time was also one of the biggest hits at the drugstore, so I narrowed my selection to this line. Fancy was not the most brilliant idea though, because when I got home I realized that I didn't like small glitter flexes on my lips. It didn't turn out as attractive as I thought it would be and that was my first lipstick lesson.

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
Revlon, Rimmel, and YSL. The majority of my lipstick collection consists of Revlon lipsticks so it's no doubt that they're a favourite. Next is Rimmel because the stand out colours they have are at affordable prices, not to mention the formula of their lipsticks are also great. I know it's a little biased to state YSL since I really only have two lipsticks and two glossy stains, but I feel like they speak for themselves. I'm already looking forward to picking out another YSL lippie.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 700 Nude Delight. I only have less than half a tube left, which tells you how much I love it. Nude Delight is my second purchase and at the time, it was a big hit among youtubers finding the perfect nude lipstick. I can totally relate, judging by how far down I am on using this lippie.

5. What is your favourite finish?
I prefer hydrating/moisturizing lipsticks with a matte or satin finish.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 8 Pink in Confidence.


7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
A total of 7 lip products. I honestly don't even know why I have that much in my bag when I barely reapply any makeup when I'm out and about. On rare occasions I do reapply my lip products, but that's only if I'm in a comfort zone and have too much time on my hands to care about what's on my lips. Currently, the babes I bring out with me are: a mini Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment (from the previous year's Sephora birthday gift), NARS Velvet Gloss Pencil in New Lover, Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Colour in Nude Pink, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Life's a Peach, Sula Natural Lip Gloss in Come Find MeCanmake Candy Wrap lip gloss in Peach ShowerNYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp, YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 15 Corail Intuitive and 8 Pink in Confidence.

8. What is your favourite red lip colour? 
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipstick in 107. This lipstick has been one that I have been searching high and low for, I've always wanted a berry red just like this one. The color isn't too dark and vampy nor is it too bright in its red hues making it similar to other reds that can be easily duplicated. I feel like this berry red gives the classic red a twist such that it still gives a sophisticated look but adds a bit of extra mystery and sexiness to your look (I'm not even sure if I'm making sense here...but yeah..).


9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I store the majority of my lipsticks in the last compartment of my Muji 5-drawer acrylic storage. However, as I am accumulating more and more lipsticks I have no other container to put them but throw them in a silver paper box. I want to get another acrylic storage or even a lipstick holder but my small desk simply cannot contain so much stuff. I'm still thinking how I should manipulate my makeup storage system but it'll take a while before I figure something out.

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
I don't have a particularly huge lust or craving for any particular lipstick colour at the moment but I know I'd definitely want to try out some brands that are new to my existing collection. I think Tom Ford lipsticks are the next in line to a girl's lipstick dream lol. As previously mentioned, YSL Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks are on my list for further exploration. I simply love the formulation way too much to resist not buying any more. MAC lipsticks are definitely on the list, if only I get over the intimidation to go in the store alone like a grown up girl. Another brand that I've been thinking about is Michelle Phan's EM Cosmetics lipsticks. All the reviews that I have seen and read show consistency in how great the quality is and how wonderfully pigmented the lipsticks are. 

Comments

  1. Great post! I can't wait to own my first YSL lippy xx

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Go get them girl haha I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely answers! I have Rimmel 107 as well and I adore the colour, but I still haven't found the right occasion to wear it to! Still lusting after some YSL lippies....

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm actually on the same boat as you, I love the colour but never found the right occasion to wear it out either! >_<

      Delete
  3. JENNIFER, YOU'RE ALIVE! Glad to have you back! (Dw hun I know how you feel about being snowed under with work) Rimmel 107 is gorgeous- does it beat out the 111 that you posted about in the same review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEELLOOO CHERIE HEHE. YES I AM BACK! hmmm, that's a hard decision for me to make. I love both of them just as much and they're equally important in my collection. 111 is your perfect classic matte red, and 107 is the sexy red.

      Delete
  4. 32! Really not bad, seems pretty good. Be careful with your collection though... Once it grows, it's a bit impossible to manage it.... haha. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha great advice! For now I think my collection wont rise too fast since I have no where to store them but I can imagine how crazy it would get :P

      Delete
  5. 32 is very tame by beauty blogger standards! :p Loved the pictures! I haven't ventured too far into the world of high end lipsticks but I'm feeling close to cracking on YSL soon ... and Tom Ford maybe sometime in the (hopefully distant) future :p I was contemplating getting Rimmel 107 last year when I was going through a major berry/wine lip phase, but I think I found it maybe a touch too dark for me. (Funny I say that, when I have something even less 'wearable' like Revlon Black Cherry.) All in all, I do NOT need anymore lipstick, lol. I wish we could get Muji acrylic storage here, it's so sleek and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love YSL. I promise you that, cause im hooked now. Whenever I pass by the counter or go into sephora I always somehow find myself in front of the display lol. I'm so hopeless. For the muji acrylic storage, I bought it online. I have not seen it in store anywhere so go look online! It instantly made my collection so much more sophisticated looking and classy hahaha

      Delete
  6. My collection is similarly modest to yours except I have thrown out a fair few so I'm pretty sure I have less! I'm so curious about the quality of Tom Ford lipsticks - Spanish Pink is a beaut. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have contemplated on throwing out a few lipsticks that I dont like but because my collection isn't too big, I just end up keeping it lol (i'm a hoarder). And yes! Spanish pink is gorgeous!!!!

      Delete
  7. Awesome awesome post Jen! That's amazing how many things you've been juggling...and volunteering too! You're superwoman! Don't worry, we understand! I'm so jealous of your rimmel bits! I've got no rimmel lippies but am dying for some from the Kate line and the moisturise renewal ones in the nudey shades! I've only recently started trying out Ysl lippies and now I understand why ladies are buying them up! They just melt on my always slightly dry lips and look flawless! Oh and I think your first photo is just so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rimmel lipsticks! After getting 111 and 107 i've been tempted to go back and pick out a few more shades from the Kate lipstick collection. I love who creamy and moisturizing the YSL lipsticks are! It's rare for me to love scented makeup, but they smell like candy too. Everything about them is just perfect!

      Delete
  8. i would like to try YSL and tom form :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the YSL lippies! I cannot stop raving about them lol. And hopefully i'll be able to try out some Tom Ford lipsticks soon too :)

      Delete
  9. I miss your posts ! Hopefully you're active in Instagram :D

    Turtle xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment