RiRi Hearts MAC


I have taken a step forward and leveled up in makeup. Well kind of, not really...I'm still too intimidated to go into the store by myself (these were bought online and ordered by my sister). I don't know why, but I just like it better when I can play around, pull out things and bring it to the counter by myself like Sephora. I don't like being "helped" every step of the way (more like being spied on). Anyways, it's my first time purchasing and owning MAC products and I'm particularly excited that they are from the RiRi Hearts MAC collection. Believe it or not, I bought these on a whim. I missed out on the first release and wasn't even aware there was a holiday collection until my sister messaged me. So I quickly googled up the collection and picked out a few items that were most appealing to me. The shiny rose gold packaging is a stand out, it's absolutely beautiful and I really like the RiRi signature on top!



2x Dare Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow Palette

The 2x Dare Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow Palette is a relatively more cool-toned palette compared to the Presh Out eyeshadow palette. Both palettes contain beautiful yet very shimmery and frosted shades that can be used wet or dry on the eyelids. So if you are not a fan of shimmer, stay faaarrrrr away.

  • 1st Shade: bright and opaque shimmery metallic white 
  • 2nd Shade: sheer shimmery frosted light pink 
  • 3rd Shade: cool-toned gunmetal/silver-blue metallic 
  • 4th Shade: shimmery muted olive/taupe green
  • 5th Shade: medium gray-taupe colour that leans on the plummy brown spectrum 

In the photo above, the shades were swatched dry and it gives off a good amount of pigmentation. The exception would be the second shade which goes on a little patchy and requires a packing motion to get an even all over colour. I prefer using these eyeshadows wet, as they give off even more vibrancy and makes their own unique colour more distinct because I find that using them dry; especially the three darker shades, become really similar. Although not quite muddy looking, the shades themselves do not stand out one from another very well and easily loses its colour when you try to blend in a crease shade. As with all shimmery and frosted eyeshadows, there are some fall out while using these eyeshadows. However, it is kept to a minimal (and also depending on your application skills) and is nothing too problematic to work with.

Bad Girl RiRi & Cockiness

The highlight shade from the lipsticks released in this collection should be RiRi Woo, however I decided not to pick it up since I have quite a few reds in my collection already and I love the wallet friendly Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipsticks I own. Bad Girl RiRi is a medium neutral shade with an interesting mix of red and brown, and leaning on the warm undertone on a matte finish. On first glance, it seems to be a shade that is difficult to wear, despite the neutral aspect of it. However, on the lips it does pull off okay. Maybe I should have picked up RiRi Woo instead, but this is alright too. The lipstick is very pigmented and lasts a decent 4-5 hours of wear time. The lipstick goes on smoothly and is neither hydrating or drying on the lips. I would definitely go back to MAC for more lipsticks!

Cockiness is suppose to be a shimmery rose gold shade, but I think it looks more like a metallic gold on the lids. On most angles, the eyeliner is seen as gold more than pink (it'a very hard to see that hint of pink). The Superslick Eyeliner lasts all day on the lids and is basically waterproof and smudgeproof after drying. The applicator has a nice pointed felt tip, and the colour goes on opaque with one to two strokes. When I first used this eyeliner though, the consistency was quite sheer and watery. I also don't like how the product is pressured out on the rims of the container and making it much loss of product. Am I the only one with this problem? It's starting to get better now though with more uses. 

Overall, I'm quite happy with my first MAC products. Did any of you buy from the holiday collection?

Comments

  1. I so agree with you! I prefer shopping somewhere like Sephora where you can browse to your heart's desire without a person hovering around you 24/7. I've seen a Youtube video where a person used those MAC RiRi shadows wet - they do look much more gorgeous when applied wet compared to dry. Something to definitely pop out for new years eve, I reckon.

    I only have a few MAC products, but I don't use them too regularly. I do like the Springsheen blush I own, but I think it is dupeable in the drugstore. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There's such a big difference between using the shadows wet or dry. In particular, the middle silver-blue/gunmetal shade looks incredible when used wet! I always hear so much about MAC products, but never ventured into them. This maybe the start of me stepping out of my comfort zone and into the store hahaha

      Delete
  2. LOVE the packaging, and the shadow colors are really pretty. i have not tried any of the holiday collection...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This holiday collection is probably one of my all time favourites in terms of packaging! I love it so much <3

      Delete
  3. The packaging is really pretty, especially the lipstick! Bad Girl RiRi looks like a more autumnal shade but I'm sure you can pull it off. I probably would've been more inclined towards RiRi Woo though. I don't have many MAC products - I think 6 lipsticks and one of their Paint Pots is it. I do want to pick up a couple of eyeshadows and blushes but I don't know ... I guess it's a combination of the price plus the fact I already have more makeup than I know what to do with that stops me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have the same feeling. I want to try more of their lipsticks, eyeshadows, and blushes because there has just been so many good things said about them! For now I think I am still gonna hold off a little longer though, i've spoiled myself way too much over the holidays lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment